#EndBadGovernance: Please Protect Our Lives And Properties – APC Begs Security Operatives

APC Begs Security Operatives As Protesters Target Matawalle’s Residence
Court Declares Zamfara Guber Election Inconclusive, Mandates Rerun in 3 LGAs

The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja, on Thursday, declared as inconclusive, the governorship election that held in Zamfara State on March 18. The court, in a unanimous decision by a three-member panel of Justices, nullified the return of Governor Dauda Lawal of the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) as the winner of the gubernatorial contest. It ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), to conduct a fresh election in three Local Government Areas, LGAs, of the state. The court however, did not award any cost to the respondents. The court agreed with All Progressive Congress APC candidate that elections did not hold previously or where results from various polling units were not counted in the three LGAs. In the lead judgement that was read by Justice Sybil Nwaka, the court held that it was wrong for INEC to rely on information it obtained from its IReV portal, to collate the final result of the governorship election. The judgement followed an appeal that was lodged before the court by the immediate past governor of the state, Bello Matawalle, who was the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in the election. More details later…
Zamfara: Matawalle Accuses Successor, Gov Dauda Lawal Of Governance Incompetence

The immediate past governor of Zamfara state and also the Minister of State for Defence, Alhaji Bello Matawalle, has criticized his successor, Governor Dauda Lawal, and his commissioners for their lack of fundamental understanding of governance. Alhaji Matawalle responded to allegations by the Governor Dauda-led administration, which claimed that misleading documents were published showing that “former Governor and Minister of State for Defence, Bello Matawalle, approved 100% payment of over N1 billion for fencing, landscaping, and furnishing of Governor’s lodges in 14 Local Government Areas, even before the project began.” In a statement released in Abuja, through the coordinator of his media office, Alhaji Ibrahim Dosara, Matawalle asserted that Governor Lawal should focus on governance and the protection and security of Zamfara residents, rather than engaging in a fault-finding mission to mislead the general public with false publications. Dosara stated, “It is very disheartening that a government led by a “(Dr)” and managed by Consultant Professors consistently engages in perjury in an attempt to indict and tarnish the hard-earned reputation of a man who has demonstrated his worth and integrity to the general public, receiving various merit awards and honours from different quarters.”
Matawalle Condoles With Zamfara Communities Over Bandits’ Attacks

The former Governor of Zamfara state, Dr. Bello Muhammad, Matawalle Maradun, has condoled with the people of Maru and Kaura Namoda local government area of Zamfara State, over the recent bandits’ attacks. Matallela said he received with shock, the news of recent attacks of marauding bandits in their numbers, killing innocent people and abducted several others, and left many with various degree of injuries. The former governor said he was saddened by the news of the attacks and called on the people of various communities in the state to report any suspicious movements of the bandits to security agencies. This is contained in a statement by the media coordinating office of the former governor, signed by the Coordinator, Ibrahim Dosara. It said “on behalf of myself, my family and political gladiators, I would like to extend my deep sympathy and condolences to Maru and Kaura Namoda Emirates; local government councils and indeed, the Zamfara State Government over these ugly attacks, killings and kidnapping of innocent lives across the two local government areas. “I must say we are utterly shocked and dismayed at the terrible human loss incurred and the excruciating pain that ensues. May Almighty Allah ease your pain and grant you patience. “We are all terribly sorry to witness the mindless acts of banditry in the two local government areas and other parts of the state, resulting in so much death and destruction. No words are enough to condemn such acts. “Let me hope that the state government and the detachment of troops the Bola Ahmed Tinubu government deployed to the state, along with other security operatives will work together, assert themselves, and ensure that such callous and barbaric attacks, killings and kidnappings are stopped in all parts of the state. “We share the grief of our countrymen and offer our sympathies. “I would like to express my heartfelt condolences to the families of those who lost their lives and other victims of the attacks. “My thoughts and prayers go out to the relatives of those who were killed in the latest waves of the tragic attacks. “I write to you on behalf of my family and political associates to express our shock, horror and profound distress at the appalling events and tragic loss of life in the two local government areas and beyond. “What happened was a dreadful blow to us all and to the civilized values which we share and cherish. “I am deeply shocked and filled with grief over the terrible atrocity and losses brought on to your respective communities and people. “The unbelievable disregard to our community values, of human life and dignity, that exhibited in the ferocious plans behind these acts comes as a horrifying awareness to all of us, a threat to humanity and humankind. “All of us have been impressed by the courage and dedication of our security operatives and rescue workers, and for the dignity and resilience which lies behind the commitment and determination of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s government, to prevail against such monstrous evil. “We, who value democracy and freedom, stand shoulder to shoulder with the the government of Zamfara state at this time.” “As the son of the soil and the minister of state, Defence, I would like to reassure you of my commitment and resilience to implement the far-reaching decisions and policies of the Tinubu administration to defeat these monsters and to bring back the lost glory of our dear state in particular and the country in general.”
NAF Airstrikes Eliminate Terrorists, Destroy Gun Trucks In Borno, Zamfara

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) says the Air Components of Operations Hadin Kai and Hadarin Daji, have eliminated scores of terrorists in stream of air strikes in their enclaves across the theatres. This is contained in a statement by the Director of Public Relations and Information, NAF, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, on Sunday in Abuja. Gabkwet said the Air component in the early hours of Saturday, carried out air interdiction missions at a newly identified terrorists’ hideout at Bukar Meram, near the Lake Chad region in Borno. He said the strikes became necessary after it was established that recent relocation of terrorists from Suwa to Bukar Meram general area, was to for possible resurgence of attacks on ground troops and innocent civilians. According to him, air strikes were authorised at the location in Bukar Meram to decimate the terrorists. “Feedback received after the strikes revealed the expected outcome was achieved as several terrorists were neutralised while over 40 motorcycles and six gun trucks were destroyed,” he said. NAF spokesman said that similar air strikes were carried out on terrorists on Oct. 11 by the Air Component of Operation Haradin Daji around Sangeko axis of Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara. He said the terrorists, who were in a convoy of about 70 motorcycles on the road track from Kabaro towards Sangeko, were subsequently engaged with several neutralised, their motorcycles destroyed, and others injured. Gabkwet said the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Hasan Abubakar has commended the professionalism and dedication of the Air Components. He quoted Abubakar as saying, “your efforts and support to the ground troops is commendable. Stay focused and do not be complacent as we must continue to give our citizens the confidence they deserve to thrive”.
Police foil bandit attack on police station, Juma’at prayer in Zamfara

The police command in Zamfara said its operatives repelled bandits who attacked the Divisional Police Station in Zurmi Local Government Area of the state. The command said it also arrested a 35-year-old suspected female informant. The Command’s Public Relations Officer, ASP Yazid Abubakar disclosed this at the weekend at a media briefing in Gusau. Abubakar said police operatives attached to the police station acted on credible intelligence that a group of armed bandits was planning to carry out the attack. “The police operatives mobilised, confronted the bandits, and engaged them in a gun battle which lasted for hours. “As a result of this, one of the bandits was neutralised while the others escaped to the bushes spilling blood on their paths because of the wounds they sustained. “Police investigation that followed the incident resulted in the arrest of a 35-year-old female suspected to be an informant from Rukudawa village. “The suspect confessed that she has been working with bandit kingpin Dankarami Gwaska as his informant and has given her the task of monitoring activities at the police stations for him. “Two handsets containing bandits’ telephone numbers were recovered from her,” Abubakar said. “On July 28 Police Tactical Operatives attached to 34 PMF, deployed to Magarya community in the same Zurmi local government area acted on an intelligence report that suspected armed men were on their way to attack Muslims during Juma’at prayers at Kwata village in Magarya district. “The police operatives confronted them and succeeded in foiling the attack and the bandits escaped to the bushes. “Two AK47 rifles, four rounds of 7.62mm ammunition and Bajaj motorcycle were recovered at the scene while the command is still pursuing the suspects with a view to arresting and prosecuting them. “On July 27 at about 1330hrs, Police Tactical Team attached to Area Command Gusau acted on intelligence that led to the arrest of two suspected bandits and kidnappers terrorizing the Saminaka area in Gusau Metropolis,” the command’s spokesman added.