BREAKING: Police rescue kidnapped Fouani Brothers

The famous Fouani family, recently traumatized by the abduction of three of their members, can now heave a sigh of relief as the Lagos police command has rescued the three abductees. In a brief statement pushed out a while ago, the police listed those released as Abbas Fouani, Youssef Fouani, and Amtal Fouani. It would be recalled that the brothers, who are part of the prominent Fouani Nigeria Ltd family, were kidnapped on June 14 around 6 pm while travelling by boat from their factory.

Police, Army Rescue 4 Kidnap Victims In Katsina

Police, Army Rescue 4 Kidnap Victims In Katsina

Police in Katsina State have rescued four kidnap victims in Dandume Local Government Area on Saturday in collaboration with the military. Police spokesman in the state, ASP Abubakar Sadiq-Aliyu, stated in Katsina on Saturday that the rescue was achieved during a routine patrol around Dankolo village. “In a bid to ensure the safety of lives and property police, in collaboration with troops, rescued four persons kidnapped at different locations in the state. “The relentless efforts and dedication of our security forces paid off, resulting in the rescue,’’ ASP Sadiq-Aliyu stated. He added that the victims had undergone medical examinations to ensure their well-being, and had been reunited with their families.

Troops Rescue 4 kidnapped Federal Varsity Gusau Students

Troops Rescue 4 kidnapped Federal Varsity Gusau Students

Troops of the Operation Hadarin Daji of the Nigerian Army, in collaboration with operatives of the Zamfara Police Command have rescued the four kidnapped students of the Federal University Gusau (FUGUS). This is contained in a statement issued by the Information Officer, Operation Hadarin Daji, Capt. Yahaya Ibrahim in Gusau on Sunday. “The combined troops of Operation Hadarin Daji in conjunction with state police command have rescued the four kidnapped students of the Federal University Gusau (FUGUS), who were abducted at their off-campus hostels by the terrorists in Sabongida Community on Saturday. “The rescue was successfully achieved after the troops responded to the distress call on the incident. “The troops immediately mobilized and formed a blocking position at a possible withdrawal route which led to a heavy gun duel with the terrorists. “During the encounter with our superiority force, the terrorists abandoned the victims around 12 midnight and they later were rescued by the troops,” Yahaya explained. The gunmen had recently kidnapped 25 students of the same institution and nine construction workers at the same community. The security operatives had so far rescued 13 students and three construction workers while the remaining victims were still in the bandits’ captivity. 

Troops Rescue 6 Kidnap Victims, Neutralise One Bandit In Kaduna

Troops Rescue 6 Kidnap Victims, Neutralise One Bandit In Kaduna

The 1 Division Nigerian Army says its troops have rescued six kidnapped victims and one bandit neutralised in Kaduna State. The acting Deputy Director, Army Public Relations, 1 Division Nigerian Army, Lt.-Col. Musa Yahaya, who confirmed the development in a statement issued in Kaduna, saod that the victims where rescued on Friday. Yahaya said that the ongoing clearance operation by the troops of the division had continued to yield positive results. He said, “The troop acted on credible and timely intelligence on the kidnap of 6 persons at Hayin Tsando general area of Maraban Jos, in Igabi Local Government Area of the state. “The gallant troops quickly mobilized, embarked on a search and rescue operation. The troops made contact with the bandits and criminal elements and a heavy fire fight ensued. “During the operation, troops successfully rescued six kidnapped victims, captured two AK 47 rifles and neutralized one bandit while others escaped with several degrees of gunshot wounds. “The General Officer Commanding 1 Division Nigerian Army and Force Commander operation Whirl Punch Maj.- Gen. Valentine Okoro, has commended the troops for their resilience.” Yahaya also charged them to continue the aggressive tempo until all criminal elements in the division’s ‘Area of Responsibility’ are completely eradicated. He also appealed to all paramedics to be on lookout for persons with gunshot wounds, report to the Nigerian Army and other sister security services for prompt action.

Troops neutralise 23 terrorists, apprehend 137 suspects, rescue 41 hostages

Military Takes Down 53 Illegal Refining Sites, Apprehends 19 Suspects

The Defence Headquarters says the troops of the armed forces have within nine weeks, neutralised 23 terrorists, arrested 109 criminals, and five kidnappers. It also said that one informant and 22 suspected oil thieves were arrested within the period across the country. The Director, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. Edward Buba, in a statement at the weekend, added that the troops also rescued 41 kidnapped hostages. Buba said that 231 terrorists and their families comprising 25 adult males, 63 adult females and 143 children surrendered to troops in the North East. He added that the troops recovered 41 weapons and 300 assorted weapons comprising 14 AK47 rifles, one AK49 rifle, two AK47 rifles loaded with 7.62mm special ammo and one PKT gun. Others according to him, included one LMG, two pump action guns, two locally fabricated pistols, three locally fabricated rifles, two dane guns, one pistol, and two locally made long barrel guns. “Additionally, troops recovered one AK47 rifle loaded with 30 rounds of 7.62mm special, 1 AK47 magazine, one magazine loaded with 30 rounds of 7.62mm special, 239 rounds of 7.62mm special ammo, five rounds of 7.62 NATO, 44 rounds of PKT, 5 rounds of 9mm ammo and 6 cartridges. “Furthermore, troops recovered 13 motorcycle, 22 mobile phones, one bicycle, 10 machete, a pair of camouflage.” He added that the operations in South-South geopolitical zone resulted in the arrest of 682,400 litres of stolen crude oil, 70,950 litres of illegally refined AGO, and 23,250 litres of DPK. “All amounting to an estimated sum of N414.3 million denied to the oil thieves,” the defence spokesman said. Buba said the military would continue to relentlessly pursue the violent groups instigating insecurity and instability in the country. He assured that troops would continue to make improvements towards ensuring safety of citizens and restoring security nationwide.

Police neutralise 2 suspected kidnappers, rescue victim in Enugu

Shakeup In Police As IGP Reassigns 14 AIGs, 26 CPs

The Police Command in Enugu State has neutralised two suspected kidnappers and rescued one male kidnap victim at the outskirt of Enugu metropolis. The Command also recovered the victim’s black-coloured Lexus 350 SUV alongside one locally made revolver gun loaded with four cartridges and another locally fabricated pistol belonging to the criminal elements. This is contained in a statement issued by the Command’s Spokesman, DSP Daniel Ndukwe, on Tuesday in Enugu. Ndukwe said that police operatives, led by the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of Operations, Mr Olasoji Akinbayo, carried out the successful operation on Aug. 20 at about 8:00 p.m. at Centenary Layout along Enugu/Port-Harcourt Expressway. He said that the police operatives were drawn from the NPF Special Forces, Awkunanaw Police Division and tactical teams of the command. “Following the policing thrust and renewed crime fighting impetus of the state’s Commissioner of Police, Mr Kanayo Uzuegbu, a combined team of police operatives rescued a male kidnap victim after a gun fight with the hoodlums. “One of the miscreants, simply identified as “Baron”, was neutralised on the spot in the ensuing shootout, while others escaped with varying degrees of gunshot wounds. “However, further manhunt for the fleeing members of the gang led to the discovery and recovery of the lifeless body of the second neutralised hoodlum. “The second neutralised hoodlum was simply identified as Chukwunonso a.k.a. “Nolly”, in the morning hours of Aug. 21 in a forest at the location of the gun duel,” he said. Ndukwe said that the two neutralised criminals had been on the watch-list of the command. According to him, the operational success was due to the swift response to a distress call on the kidnap of the victim along Agbani Road, Enugu, in the night. The police spokesman commended the operatives for quickly adapting to his newly introduced crime-fighting strategies. He said that the commissioner had previously tasked police officers and other personnel of the command to sustain the tempo. “There will be no breathing space for unrepentant criminals in the state, under his (Uzuegbu) watch as the Commissioner of Police,” he added.

Gunmen kidnap 67-year-old Chief Imam

Gunmen kidnap 67-year-old Chief Imam

The Police in Ondo State have confirmed the abduction of Alhaji Ibrahim Bodunde-Oyinlade, the Chief Imam of USO community in Owo Local Government Area of the state. The 67-year-old Chief Imam was abducted on his farm at Asolo Farm Camp on Saturday afternoon. A family member said they reported to the police when Bodunde-Oyinlade did not return home by 2pm and calls to his mobile phone were not answered. “The kidnappers have contacted the family but are yet to demand for ransom,” he said on condition of anonymity. SP Olufunmilayo Odunlami-Omisanya, Police spokesperson in the state, however, confirmed the incident. He said policemen and vigilantes were combing the forest in search of the Chief Imam. Odunlami-Omisanya told newmen that the victim’s car and mobile phone were found at the farm. “It was at about 6pm that the family members came to report the incident at the police station in USO community. “The DPO, policemen, and vigilantes are searching the area for possible rescue,” he added.

Police rescue 6 abducted UniJos students

Police, Rescue, University of Jos, Abduction, Students, Families.

The Police Command in Plateau has rescued six out of the seven students of the University of Jos that were kidnapped by gunmen on Monday. DSP Alfred Alabo, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the command, disclosed this in a statement in Jos. According to Alabo, five of the students were rescued, while one escaped from the kidnappers’ den unhurt. ”The Police command is pleased to announce to the general public that six of the seven victims who were kidnapped on June 13, have regained their freedom. ”The command swung into action immediately after the incident was reported, worked tirelessly in collaboration with its Anti-Kidnapping unit, family members of the victims and the community to secure the release of the victims. ”Five of the victims were rescued, one escaped from the kidnappers den, while one victim is still in captivity,” Alabo said. He said that the Commissioner of Police in the state, Bartholomew Onyeka, has ordered the Area Commander Metro, and the Divisional Police Officer Nasarawa Gwong, to ensure that the seventh victim is rescued unhurt and the perpetrators arrested. The victims were abducted from their hostel which is located off campus on Monday night in Jos while preparing for their second semester examinations.