NNPC announces recruitment 

NNPCL Rolls Out New Official Logo

By Doris Isreal Ijeoma The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited is set to hire more workers. The NNPC spokesperson, Olufemi Soneye, confirmed this in a statement on Friday. Soneye said the recruitment would be for various positions across various departments within the energy company. He directed interested applicants to visit the NNPC careers page for application instructions. “NNPC Ltd is pleased to announce that we are currently hiring for multiple positions across various departments. We are seeking talented and dedicated individuals to join our team. Visit our careers page for application instructions,” Soneye stated. In an update, Soneye disclosed that due to unprecedented traffic to the NNPC Ltd career page from applicants applying for vacancies, the site is currently experiencing slow load times. “Our techs are working diligently to rectify the problem. “Please be assured that the application process deadline remains Aug 20, 2024,” he disclosed. This may be the major recruitment exercise since the NNPC fully transformed into a limited company in 2022.

PSC asks police to provide evidence of corruption in recruitment exercise

PSC dismisses 3 senior officers, demotes 9 others

The Police Service Commission (PSC) has asked the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) to provide evidence that the recent constable recruitment exercise was marred by corruption. In a statement on Friday, Ikechukwu Ani, PSC spokesperson, said NPF does not respect the commission’s mandate to recruit personnel for the police. The NPF had said the recruitment exercise was marred by gratification and irregularities. “The Commission demands that the Police should provide verifiable evidence to prove the allegations peddled against it as it is obvious that it is a case of giving a dog a bad name in order to hang it,” the statement reads.

Police recruitment: Full List Of Successful Candidates Released 

Police confirm killing of 6 persons in Zamfara

The Police Service Commission has announced the approval and release of a list of 10,000 successful applicants for recruitment into the constable and specialist cadres of the Nigeria Police Force. The commission noted that to ensure fairness and justice in the recruitment process, it worked with guidance from relevant stakeholders, including the Nigeria Police Force, the National Assembly, and the Federal Character Commission. It added that it ensured equity in the spread of successful candidates across the 774 local government areas of the country. The spokesperson for the PSC, Ikechukwu Ani, made the development known in a statement on Tuesday. Ani said, “The Police Service Commission has approved and released the list of 10,000 successful applicants for recruitment into the constable cadre of the Nigeria Police Force. “The commission today, Tuesday, June 4, 2024, received the report of the Police Recruitment Board. 9,000 applicants were approved for recruitment for General Duty, while 1,000 applicants were recruited for the Specialists cadre. “To ensure fairness and justice in the Recruitment process, the Commission worked with guidance from relevant stakeholders including the Nigeria Police Force, the National Assembly and the Federal Character Commission. It ensured equity in the spread of successful candidates across the 774 local government areas of the country.” The commission had earlier inaugurated a Recruitment Board – a broad-based stakeholders’ body populated by representatives from the PSC, the NPF, the Ministry of Police Affairs, the Federal Character Commission, Police Colleges, and the Police Trust Fund to Superintendent over the recruitment process and report back to the PSC. Interested Nigerian youths were invited to apply online for consideration for the subsequent stages of the exercise through paid advertisements in several national media. Interested applicants were given six weeks to conclude the online applications (October 15, 2023 to November 26, 2023) in line with the Federal Character requirements. The PSC revealed that a total of 609,886 applications were received, while 416,323 applicants who met the advertised requirements were shortlisted for the second stage of the exercise, which was physical and document screening. This stage was held in the 36 states of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory between Monday 8, January, 2024 to Monday 29, January 2024. The commission, after the physical and credentials screening, shortlisted 171,956 applicants who met the requirements for the Computer Based Tests (conducted by the Joint Admission and Martriculation Board, JAMB an organisation renowed for its expertise in computer based tests. Ani on Tuesday noted that, “15,447 General duty applicants who did well in the CBT were further invited for medical screening to determine their health status. The 55,645 Specialists who were shortlisted from the Physical and credentials screening were subjected to practical tests and later medical screening. Each stage of the Recruitment process was carried out with a high level of scrutiny and care. “A total of 10000 applicants made up of 9000 General Duty and 1000 Specialists were recommended for final selection. “The selection of specialists was done in conjunction with the Nigeria Police Force on the need assessment ensuring capability and balance of geographical representation. “The Chairman of the Commission, Dr Solomon Arase, retired Inspector General of Police declared that the rigorous recruitment process was to enhance the capacity and effectiveness of the Nigeria Police Force and to reinforce its commitment to community rooted and service oriented policing.” Arase noted, “I am filled with optimism because these young men and women represent the future of our nation’s security and it is our collective responsibility to ensure that their journey begins on a foundation of integrity, transparency and excellence.” The PSC Chairman disclosed.

Makinde Approves Immediate Recruitment of Healthcare Professionals in Oyo State

Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde has sanctioned the urgent recruitment of doctors, nurses, consultants, and other healthcare professionals to address staffing shortages in the state’s health sector. The announcement was made by Akin Fagbemi, Chairman of the Hospitals Management Board, following a meeting with the National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives (NANNM) in Ibadan.  This decision comes in response to an indefinite strike initiated by the NANNM on May 21, due to unmet demands from the state government. Fagbemi emphasized the importance of this recruitment drive, noting it will significantly alleviate the current workforce deficit in hospitals and healthcare centers across Oyo State.  He praised Governor Makinde for his commitment to transparency and accountability in the health sector, which are vital for delivering quality healthcare services. “The governor’s approval for the immediate recruitment of additional healthcare professionals is a crucial step towards resolving the staffing crisis and enhancing healthcare delivery in our state,” Fagbemi stated. 

Recruitment: Police announce 17 CBT examination centres

On Sunday, the police command in Kogi announced 17 computer-based test centres for the 2022 Nigeria Police Force recruitment. According to reports, the command’s spokesperson, SP Williams Ovye-Aya, who dropped the hint in a statement, said the recruitment scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday was only for police constables. Mr Ovye-Aya said the 17 centres were released by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB). “All applicants who are invited for the CBT are advised to visit the portal to print their invitation slips and come along with them to the centres. Any applicant that doesn’t have the invitation slip will not be allowed into the CBT centre,” he warned. According to him, the recruitment is free and warns applicants to be wary of job scammers, who may want to defraud them. He further advised the applicants to shun any form of examination malpractice or any other act contrary to the rules for the examination, stressing that “this is key because anybody caught will be prosecuted accordingly.” 

Buni Approves Employment Of 158 Community Nurses In Yobe

Buni Approves Employment Of 158 Community Nurses In Yobe

Governor Mai Mala Buni of Yobe has approved the employment of 158 community nursing graduates of the Shehu Sule College of Nursing and Midwifery, Damaturu. This is contained in a statement by Buni’s Director-General Press and Media Affairs, Alhaji Mamman Mohammed, in Damaturu on Saturday. According to Mohammed, the nurses comprised of two sets of the college’s graduates. He said the governor had also approved the payment of N10,000 monthly allowances to 393 students of the state origin undergoing National Diploma and Basic Midwifery programmes at the college. The spokesman said 67 of the benefitting students were entitled to 11 months arrears of the allowance, while 326 new students of the college would soon start receiving the allowance. “Governor Buni urged the newly employed health personnel to be dedicated to serve the people better. “He charged them to key into the reform programme of the state government to provide efficient, accessible and affordable medical services to the people. “The Governor also called on the students to study hard to justify the government’s investment in them,” Mohammed said.