UN Security Council Endorses Trump’s Gaza Peace Plan, Approves Temporary International Force

New York, November 17, 2025 — The United Nations Security Council on Monday adopted a resolution endorsing a U.S.-proposed peace plan for Gaza and authorizing the deployment of a temporary international force in the enclave, following two years of war between Israel and Hamas. Resolution 2803 (2025), sponsored by the United States, passed with 13 votes in favour and none against, while China and Russia abstained. The text of the resolution welcomes the Comprehensive Peace Plan unveiled by U.S. President Donald Trump on September 29, which outlined a 20-point roadmap for ending hostilities and rebuilding Gaza. The plan’s first phase led to a ceasefire between Hamas and Israel several days after its announcement. Creation of Gaza Board of Peace The resolution further welcomes the creation of a Board of Peace (BoP), described as a “transitional administration” responsible for overseeing reconstruction efforts and political stabilisation in Gaza. It authorizes the BoP to establish a temporary International Stabilisation Force (ISF) “to deploy under unified command acceptable to the Board of Peace.” The ISF, the resolution says, will operate “in close consultation and cooperation” with Egypt and Israel, with member states contributing personnel and resources. 📰 Related Story: UN Secretary-General Guterres Urges Swift Deployment of Gaza Peace Force – The UN chief calls for “urgent mobilisation” of resources to stabilise Gaza and rebuild basic services within six months. U.S. Hails ‘New Course’ for the Middle East Speaking after the vote, U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Mike Waltz, thanked Council members for supporting what he called “a new course in the Middle East for Israelis and Palestinians and all the people of the region alike.” “Today’s resolution represents another significant step towards a stable Gaza that will be able to prosper and an environment that will allow Israel to live in security,” Waltz said. He added that the International Stabilisation Force “will help stabilise the security environment, support the demilitarisation of Gaza, dismantle terrorist infrastructure, decommission weapons, and maintain the safety of Palestinian civilians.” 📰 Related Story: Trump’s 20-Point Gaza Plan: Key Provisions and Reactions – A breakdown of the U.S. President’s proposed roadmap and how it aims to balance Israeli security with Palestinian reconstruction. Arab States Back Plan, Call for Justice Algerian Ambassador Amar Bendjama welcomed the initiative and acknowledged the efforts undertaken by President Trump to advance peace in the region. However, he stressed that “genuine peace in the Middle East cannot be achieved without justice for the Palestinian people, who have waited for decades for the establishment of their independent State.” Bendjama noted that the resolution had received broad support from Arab and Muslim countries, adding that “the Palestinian Authority at the highest level has openly welcomed the initiative.” 📰 Related Story: Palestinian Authority Welcomes UN Vote, Calls It ‘First Step Toward Statehood’ – Ramallah officials say the new UN resolution could revive the long-dormant two-state framework. Russia, China Abstain Explaining Russia’s decision to abstain, Ambassador Vasily Nebenzya said the Council was, in essence, “giving its blessing to a U.S. initiative on the basis of Washington’s promises.” He warned that the resolution handed “complete control over the Gaza Strip to the Board of Peace and the ISF, the modalities of which we know nothing about so far.” China also abstained but did not issue an immediate statement following the vote. Background The two-year Gaza war, which began in late 2023, resulted in thousands of casualties and large-scale destruction across the enclave. The newly endorsed U.S. plan seeks to stabilise the territory, initiate reconstruction, and pave the way for eventual Palestinian self-governance under international supervision. The International Stabilisation Force, to be drawn from multiple countries, is expected to begin deployment within weeks, pending agreement on its command structure and mandate duration.
Troops Neutralise Terrorists In Anambra, Ebonyi, Imo Operations

Troops of “Operation UDO KA II” in the South East conducted a clearance operation on terrorists’ hideout in Orsumoghu Forest in Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra. Lt.-Col. Jonah Unuakhalu, acting Deputy Director of Army Public Relations, 82 Division, who stated this at the weekend in Enugu, said the troops neutralised two terrorists. He added that the clearance operation centred on suspected hideouts of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and its Eastern Security Network (ESN). Unuakhalu stated that the terrorist group deployed Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) to slow down the troops, but the latter were undaunted. “The troops were able to dislodge the group; neutralised two of them, while others escaped with gunshot wounds. “Items recovered from the camps included a pair of military boots, one military belt, five mobile phones, one binoculars, leather hand gloves and police head warmer. “Others were one locally-made handheld IED and four locally-made IED launchers (Ogbunigwe),” he stated. Unuakhalu added that troops of Sector 2 of the “Operation UDO KA II’’ arrested a suspected gunrunner on Thursday while on a search-and-rescue mission at Effium in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi. He stated that the suspected gunrunner, one Francis Nwekire, 63, was arrested in his house with 48 rounds of 7.62 mm special ammunition. “Additionally, a suspected Effium Militia in Ebonyi was arrested and he led troops to their hideout. “Items recovered from the hideout were one AK 47 rifle, 20 rounds of 7.62 mm special ammunition and one AK 47 magazine. “Both suspects are presently in troops’ custody for further interrogation,’’ he stated. Unuakhalu also stated that troops of Naval Base, Oguta, under “Operation UDO KA II’’ began “Operation IRON TETE’’ on Friday to flush out IPOB/ESN elements from Agwa community in Imo. He added that during the operation, an identified member of the group, a known local gun fabricator nicknamed “Packing Store’’ was neutralised. He stated that items recovered during the operation were one pump-action rifle, one locally-made pistol and a head warmer with IPOB inscription. “Operation UDO KA II calls on law-abiding citizens of the Southeast not to relent in providing timely, credible and reliable information that will assist in ending this menace in the region. “Operation UDO KA II will continue combating crime and criminality in accordance with extant rules and regulations guiding its operations,’’ Unuakhalu stressed.
Troops apprehend 17 suspects for alleged crimes in Plateau, Kaduna

Troops belonging to Operation Safe Haven (OPSH), a military task force entrusted with maintaining peace in Plateau, parts of Bauchi, and Kaduna States, have successfully apprehended 17 suspects on charges related to murder, kidnapping, armed robbery, and other criminal activities. In a statement provided by Captain James Oya, the Media Officer of the operation, it was revealed that these arrests took place between August 21 and August 28 across various locations within the region of their operational responsibility. “Troops arrested five suspects for killing one Mr. Joshua Deme on his farm in Kassa village, situated within Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau,” Captain Oya stated. He continued, “We also executed a meticulously planned operation in Jagindi Tasha village, located in Jema’a Local Government Area of Kaduna State, leading to the arrest of a long-sought suspected kidnapper, Mr. Baba Habu.” Further emphasizing the successful efforts, Captain Oya explained, “We effectively thwarted a kidnapping attempt in Angwan Takai village within Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau. This achievement was facilitated by the rapid response of our troops to a distress call.” Over the stated period, the troops achieved a series of milestones – apprehending suspects, rescuing kidnapped victims, foiling armed robbery endeavors, and preventing potential attacks on vulnerable communities. Arms and ammunition were also seized from some of the apprehended suspects. Captain Oya reported, “In parallel endeavors, our troops conducted operations at Gwash and Kamantan villages in Jos North and Zango Kataf local government areas of Plateau and Kaduna. Here, we succeeded in recovering firearms, including a pistol, cartridges, and rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition.” Amidst these operations, the security forces managed to detain a notorious armed robber, Mohammed Lawal, in Kafanchan town. The seizure of two fabricated rifles and one pistol accompanied his arrest. A truck transporting vandalized railway tracks was intercepted along Gidan Ado village in Riyom. The operations also extended to addressing drug-related offenses. “A drug kingpin, Maxwell Davou, was apprehended in a sting operation with substances suspected to be illicit drugs at Waye Foundation Du in Jos South,” Captain Oya stated. The troops’ determination led them to engage bandits around Alaghom and Mangu, eventually neutralizing some and retrieving weapons. The comprehensive efforts of the troops extended beyond criminal activities as they intervened to manage 237 cows that were damaging crops on farms across Mangu, Barkin Ladi, and Riyom local government areas.
Military taskforce apprehends 39 suspects linked to Plateau attacks, banditry

Over the course of one week, troops from Operation Safe Haven (OPSH), the military taskforce responsible for maintaining peace in Plateau, Bauchi, and Kaduna States, have apprehended 39 suspects involved in cases of banditry, kidnapping, and armed robbery. According to Captain James Oya, the Media Officer of OPSH, the arrests took place between August 14 and August 21 in various locations. The troops, during their operations, successfully recovered illicit drugs, arms, and ammunition from the suspects. Among the detained individuals, two were long-sought individuals connected to multiple armed robberies and kidnappings. The recovered items included an AK-47 rifle, a pump-action Magnum gun, an AK-47 magazine, 14 rounds of 7.62mm “special” ammunition, and a mobile phone. One of the arrested suspects was identified as both a kidnapper and an arms dealer, apprehended in Kuba village within the Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau. Additionally, two members of the militia group responsible for an attack that led to the death of 21 individuals in Heipang, Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau on August 10 were also among the detainees. These individuals were found to be in possession of two AK-47 rifles, seven fabricated rifles, and four pump-action cartridges. A drug syndicate operating in the Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau was also targeted in a sting operation, leading to the arrest of seven drug peddlers and the confiscation of a significant amount of drugs. The troops also addressed issues related to grazing, impounding 307 cows that were grazing on farmlands owned by locals in the Kubat and Mabel communities of Mangu and Bokkos local government areas, respectively. During the same time frame, the taskforce responded to 37 distress calls, successfully rescuing 17 kidnap victims. It also thwarted numerous attempts of cattle rustling and repelled attacks on vulnerable communities, with a focus on areas such as Mangu, Barkin Ladi, and Riyom in Plateau. Captain Oya reiterated OPSH’s dedication to reinstating sustainable peace across all parts of Plateau. He assured that the operation’s officers and personnel would remain swift in their response to threats against the safety and property of citizens. The ongoing efforts of OPSH underscore the commitment of the military to curbing criminal activities, ensuring the safety of residents, and fostering a more secure environment within the region.