At National Remembrance, Brigadier Ademulegun’s family make a plea

On the night of January 15, 1966, Brigadier Samuel Ademulegun, one of Nigeria’s earliest military officers, was murdered in his Kaduna home alongside his pregnant wife for refusing to surrender the keys to an armoury. Sixty years later, their family is still asking a single question of the Nigerian state: where were they buried?
Nigerian Army Foils Bandits in Kogi: 3 Neutralised, Supplier Arrested

Troops of the Nigerian Army’s 12 Brigade in Lokoja have foiled bandits’ movement in Kogi State, neutralising three suspects, arresting a logistics supplier, and recovering weapons during coordinated operations in Kabba Bunu and Yagba West.
Nigerian Army Disowns Fake DSSC 29 Recruitment Advertisement

Army authorities have disowned an online advert claiming the DSSC 29 application form is available, describing it as fake and misleading.
Nigerian Army: 82 Division trains 120 personnel for special mission

The Nigerian Army has added a new layer to its specialised formations as the 82 Division on Saturday, graduated 120 personnel for special intervention mission. The exercise was executed as part of the its special Company Strength Training at the Division’s Training School, Enugu. Speaking at the culmination of the training at the Division’s Shooting Range in Udi near Enugu, the General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the Division, Maj.-Gen. Oluyemi Olatoye, commended the graduating personnel for their resilience and commitment. Olatoye, who is also the Commander, Joint Task Force South-East, code-named “Operation UDO KA”, said that intensive eight-week combat training was designed to enhance personnel expertise for both conventional and asymmetric warfare. The GOC said that the training, which was an initiative of the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Olufemi Oluyede, aligned with the COAS Command Philosophy. Olatoye said that the COAS Command Philosophy was aimed to consolidate the transformation of the Nigerian Army to a well-motivated and combat-ready force that could effectively discharge its constitutional responsibilities. He added that the training was part of the Nigerian Army’s ongoing efforts to enhance professionalism, leadership and ensure combat readiness across all theatres of operation. The GOC urged the graduates to apply the skills and knowledge acquired as they embarked on future tasks. He noted that the Division remained committed in building a formidable force through rigorous training, strategic leadership and unwavering dedication to national service. Earlier, the Division Training Officer, Brig.-Gen. M.J. Abubakar, lauded the personnel for their exceptional endurance, teamwork and fighting spirit. Abubakar emphasised that the training was designed to simulate real-world combat scenarios, with a strong focus on jungle warfare, counter-insurgency operations and internal security tactics. He noted that the graduating soldiers had been scheduled for deployment to a special intervention mission where they would apply the acquired skills in support of national security objectives. The event featured demonstrations on rifle stripping and assembly, armed combat drills, presentation of certificates.
Troops neutralise 3 bandits in Plateau, recover weapons

Troops of Operation Safe Haven (OPSH) have neutralised three suspected bandits in Wase Local Government Area (LGA) of Plateau. Maj. Samson Zhakom, the Media Officer of OPSH, disclosed this in a statement on Sunday in Jos. Zhakom said that the feat followed an intelligence tip, while adding that the troops also recovered weapons during the operations. “Yesterday , troops of OPSH, acting on credible intelligence, conducted offensive operations at a criminal hideout along the fringes of Pinau community in Wase LGA of Plateau. “During the operation, troops made contact with criminal elements terrorising the general area, including Pinau – Gimbi road. “During the exchange of fire, troops overwhelmed the criminals with superior firepower and neutralised three of the suspected bandits “While others ran away with wounds from gunshots, troops exploited the general area and recovered one AK-47 rifle and one AK-47 magazine,” he said. Zhakom said that the troops had commenced a follow-up operation to intercept the fleeing criminals.
Insecurity: NGF sets up c’ttee to partner security agencies

In a belated move, better than none at all, the Nigeria Governors’ Forum has set up a sub-committee to work out a solution to security challenges in the country. The committee is expected to collaborate with the heads of security agencies for immediate resolution of the issues giving to the spate of insecurity. Governor Hope Uzodinma announced this in the early hours of Thursday while reading a communique issued after the NGF’s second meeting held late Wednesday in Abuja. The communique was signed by the forum’s Chairman, Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq of Kwara. Uzodinma noted that the governors’ decision was in response to technology-driven solutions presented by the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS). ”The Forum received a presentation from the CDS on an innovative security initiative aimed at strengthening national and sub-national capacity for early threat detection and coordinated response. ”The project envisions the phased deployment of advanced technology and infrastructure to improve surveillance, crisis management and public safety. ”Governors expressed support for the initiative’s objectives and underscored the importance of technology-driven solutions in addressing evolving security challenges at the state level. ”Governors also commended the CDS and indeed the Nigerian military for these valuable propositions and initiatives,” he said. Uzodinma added that the forum also received a presentation from the Minister of Housing and Urban Development, Ahmed Dangiwa, on unlocking the economic potential of land through a Federal-State partnership for land reform. He said that the minister outlined ongoing housing initiatives under the Renewed Hope Programme and proposed a comprehensive land registration reform to formalise land ownership, enhance tenure security and boost internally generated revenue across states. ”The Forum also received a presentation on a proposed strategic partnership with Powercom Smart Grid Nigeria Limited (PSGN), aimed at revitalising the electricity distribution sector through private sector investment. ”Under the proposed agreement, PSGN will assume operational control of select distribution companies (Discos), introduce advanced smart grid technologies and establish a meter production facility to enhance service delivery and energy across states,’’ he said. Dangiwa who spoke earlier in an interview with newsmen, said the presentation was to update the governors on the current administration’s Renewed Hope Cities and Estates Programme. The minister said, the presentation was also to request for land from all the state governors yet to offer the required land needed for the housing programme. Also speaking, Gov. Uba Sani of Kaduna State said the recent killings and attacks in some states should not be seen as an indictment on the governors because they have limited roles to play in addressing security challenges. Sani said while he agreed with the National Security Council comment he also believed that security agencies in Nigeria should also step up action and do what is right. He said that while leaders must take responsibility, there was need for all stakeholders to work together and address the problem of insecurity. ”In my opinion, it is not an indictment. I do agree that we have a limited role to play concerning the constitution of Nigeria. ”By the grace of God, it is one of the areas we are going to look at, the possibility of the creation of state police in Nigeria, which for me would go a long way in tackling insecurity, particularly at the sub-national level,’’ he said.
Infantry commander charges officers on victory

The Commander Infantry Corps (CIC), Nigerian Army, Maj.-Gen. Abdul Ibrahim, has urged Infantry officers, soldiers, and units to confront the enemy for a total defeat. Ibrahim issued this charge during a send-off ceremony for six senior officers, held at the Headquarters ICC Conference Room, Jaji Military Cantonment, Kaduna State, on Friday. He also encouraged the posted officers to maintain professionalism and distinguish themselves in their new assignments. Ibrahim acknowledged the contributions of the posted officers, wishing them success in their future roles. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported the posted officers include Brig.-Gen. HM Bello, former COS HQ ICC, Brig,-Gen. AS Bugaje, and Col. OU Lawal. Also posted were Lt.-Col. YU Andrew, Lt.-Col. MM Garba, and Lt.-Col. A Audu, holding various roles at the ICC Records Office and Training. NAN reports that the redeployed officers will assume positions as Brigade Commanders, Commanding Officers, and Garrison Commanders, among others. Ibrahim praised the redeployed officers, describing them as hardworking, competent, and professional. He thanked them for their significant contributions and urged them to excel in their next assignments, meeting COAS Lt.-Gen. Olufemi Oluyede’s expectations. The CIC commander encouraged Infantry officers to look forward to serving at Jaji, whether in the Corps Headquarters, NASI, or other Infantry units, as Jaji is the Infantry’s home. He promised a shift toward a more cohesive, mission-oriented, and efficient Infantry. In his vote of thanks, Brig,-Gen. Bello thanked God for the day and expressed gratitude to COAS for trusting them with key positions. Bello vowed that the posted officers would work hard to make the COAS proud and pledged loyalty to the Corps and Nigerian Army. NAN reports that senior officers at the ceremony lauded the posted officers’ contributions to the Corps and said they would be greatly missed. Highlights included the presentation of plaques to the posted officers by the Infantry commander.
COAS: Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval for Oluyede

President Bola Tinubu has formally requested the Senate’s approval for Lieutenant General Olufemi Oluyede as the next Chief of Army Staff (COAS). This move aligns with the constitutional and legal requirements, according to a statement from presidential spokesperson Bayo Onanuga. PLEASE READ: NIGERIA’S RISING INSECURITY: IMPLICATIONS FOR THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY Oluyede, who has served as the Acting COAS since October 30, following the illness of General Taoreed Lagbaja, is now being put forward for confirmation as the substantive head of the military. After Lagbaja’s passing on November 5, Tinubu expressed confidence in Oluyede’s leadership capabilities, citing his extensive military experience and professionalism. The Senate’s confirmation is a necessary step under Section 218(2) of the 1999 Constitution and Section 18(1) of the Armed Forces Act. Tinubu’s letter, which was submitted this Friday, reflects his belief that Oluyede will be a strong leader in safeguarding the nation’s security.
Nigerian soldier allegedly kills NSCDC officer in Oyo nightclub fight

A Nigerian Army personnel identified as Abubakar has reportedly killed Olapade Segun, an officer of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC). The incident occurred, after an altercation had ensued between the two men at a nightclub in the Bodija area of Ibadan, Oyo State. The incident occurred on Sunday after a confrontation between the two men, who had met at the same venue days earlier. According to eyewitness accounts, the dispute escalated when Abubakar brandished a dagger and fatally stabbed Segun. The NSCDC officer succumbed to severe blood loss before medical help could reach him. Following the incident, an angry mob attempted to deliver justice by severely beating the soldier as he tried to flee the scene. However, he was eventually rescued by fellow soldiers who arrived to disperse the crowd.
Army arrests suspected killer of FUNAAB student kidnapped in Lagos

The Nigerian Army has arrested Adeleye Ayomide, the suspect responsible for the death of Idowu Christiana a student of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta.