How Lawyers, Civil Servant, Asabe Waziri Secured Police Covering To Invade Property

Despite court order, a civil servant, Ms. Asabe Waziri, a staff member of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, and her lawyers, Chukwudi Prince Oli and C. J. Abengowe of Oli and Partners went ahead to secure covering from the Nigeria police to invade a property situated at No 1, Mekong Close, Maitama, Abuja. Findings revealed that the police are still occupying the property, as at the time of filing this report. Despite being aware of the court order barring them from having anything to do with the property, Asabe and her lawyers secured services of the police to give them cover to take over the property. Justice Mohammed Madugu of the High Court of Justice of the Federal Capital Territory had ordered Asabe Waziri not to go near the property pending the hearing and determination of the substantive suit. Justice Madugu had ordered “upon reading the Motion on Notice” along with the accompanying affidavit of Yinka Bariwa, including the written address filed along with the application. And upon hearing A.V GANI (Esq) Counsel for the Claimant/Applicant. “Court hereby makes the following order(s): leave of this court is granted to the Clamant/Applicant for an interlocutory injunction restraining the 1sy Defendant/Respondent ( Asabe Waziri) from interfering. trespassing, disturbing the quiet possession of the Applicants or doing anything adverse to property described as a two (2) bedroom unit, of flat 3B and 3C, Abeh signature Apartments, 1, Mekong Close. Maitama Abuja FCT, pending the hearing of the substantive suit with Reference No: CV/3261/22” The absence of the judge yesterday stalled the hearing of the suit. The case has been adjourned to. March 27, 2024.

Terrorists Abduct Unspecified Number of Students In Sokoto

Bandits have reportedly kidnapped an unspecified number of Tsangaya students at Gidan Bakuso in Gada local government area of Sokoto state. According to Daily Trust, the students were abducted from their school around 1am on Saturday. The proprietor of the school, Liman Abubakar, said 15 students were unaccounted for so far but “we are still counting.”  This incident came barely a day after the terrorists stormed a government school in Kaduna State and abducted over 270 pupils.  According to Abubakar, the bandits invaded the town around 1am, shot one person and abducted a woman. “As they were leaving the town, they sighted our students rushing into their rooms and they kidnapped many of them. “We have so far counted 15 who are missing and we are still searching for more,” he said.  Abubakar added that this was not the first time the village was attacked by bandits. The member, representing Gada-East Constituency at the state House of Assembly, Kabiru Dauda while confirming the attack, said he received a call from the village around 2am that it was invaded by bandits. “I reached out to the local government authorities and security agencies and I am sure they are doing something about it,” he said. It was also gathered that bandits attacked and killed three persons at Turba village in Isa Local Government Area of the state, including the village head. A member representing, Isa Constituency, Habibu Modachi who confirmed the incident, believed it was a reprisal after security operatives raided bandits’ hideouts two days ago. The spokesman of the Sokoto State Police Command, ASP Ahmad Rufa’i, said he was not aware of the development but he would contact the Divisional Police Officer of the local government areas.

Bandits Invade Nigerian Mosque During Jumat Prayers, Kill Worshippers

Gunmen suspected to be bandits have attacked a mosque at Anguwar Makera in Kwasakwasa community of Birnin Gwari local government area of Kaduna State. The bandits killed two worshippers during Friday’s Juma’at prayer. The incident happened around 2pm, according to locals in the area. A community leader, Hudu Kwasakwasa, who confirmed the incident, said the bandits opened fire on worshipers during the Juma’at prayer. “The two worshipers killed were among other Muslims attacked at the Juma’at Mosque in Angwar Makera when the bandits opened fire on them and abducted others today (Friday). The victims have been buried at Old Kuyello cemetery,” he said. He said the people were in the second raka’at of the salat when they were attacked, which forced other worshippers to run for their lives. He added that a few days ago, the same bandits abducted about nine people at a community called Angwar Kanawa under the same Kwasakwasa area. He appealed for help from authorities concerned, saying the bandits were raiding the communities unchallenged. The latest attack on the worshipers came less than 24 hours after bandits abducted over 287 students in the neighbouring Chikun local government area of the state on Thursday morning.

‘Enough is Enough, Kidnappers deserve death penalty, Remi Tinubu fumes

Nigeria’s First Lady, Oluremi Tinubu, has said that anyone convicted of abduction deserves capital punishment. The first lady stated this in her reaction to the news of 200 women who were kidnapped in Borno State, and over 280 pupils and teachers kidnapped in Kaduna State. Remi Tinubu, also described kidnappers as cowards, saying “Whoever is kidnapping young people is sick, cruel, and a coward. “Enough is enough and I call on the state governors that once we take hold of them, they deserve capital punishment. “Why don’t they take people their size? Why are they torturing our children? What they are trying to do is kill our future. “We all know parents, when we are old we rely on our children. “Why would you go and take them from schools? Right now, I think enough is enough. As a former lawmaker, I believe that any one of them captured deserves capital punishment. “They (kidnappers) are animals, they are evil and we should take them out of our midst. “The state governors and the lawmakers should do something.” Recall that about 200 women were reportedly kidnapped by Boko Haram terrorists in the Gamboru-Ngala and Dikwa local government areas of Borno State. The women, who were Internally Displaced Persons, were said to have been kidnapped while they went into the bush in search of firewood. Also, over 280 pupils and teachers of Government Secondary School and LEA primary school at Kuriga, Kaduna State were abducted by bandits on Thursday, triggering national outrage. The bandits reportedly invaded the Kuriga area of the Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State on Thursday, shooting at their victims before taking away at least 280 of the pupils and teachers from both schools.

Police Give Update On Kidnap Of 287 Kaduna Students By Bandits

The Kaduna State Command of the Nigeria Police Force has assured that the 287 students kidnapped from a school in Kaduna would be rescued. The spokesperson of the Command, Mansir Hassan, gave the assurance while reacting to the unfortunate incident. It would be recalled that not less than 287 students from the LEA Primary and Secondary School in Kuriga, Kaduna State, were kidnapped on Thursday when bandits attacked the school premises. Reacting to the development, the Kaduna Police spokesperson said operatives have been deployed and are combing the bushes to rescue the victims. ”I’m attending a security meeting, but the police tactical team has been deployed to go after the criminals by combing the bushes to rescue the victims,” he said, as quoted by Vanguard. Meanwhile, the Kaduna State Governor, Uba Sani, has vowed that all efforts would be put in place to ensure the students return home safely.

Gunmen Attack 2 Banks In Kogi

Gunmen suspected to be robbers have attacked two commercial banks in Anyigba, Dekina Local Government Area of Kogi State. The robbers raided the banks and carted away millions of naira and other valuables. Eyewitnesses said that the robbers were shooting indiscriminately shootings during the attack. The robbery operation was said to have started around 5 pm. It was gathered that operatives of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps engaged them in exchange of gunfire. The state police command is yet to react to the incident.

Bandits Invade Kaduna Primary School, Kidnap Scores Of Students

Chaos ensued in Kuriga town, Kaduna State, unknown gunmen stormed LEA Primary School, Kuriga (1) on Thursday, kidnapping numerous students. Although the exact number of abducted individuals remains unverified, local residents estimated it to be around 100. The victims reportedly included the head teacher of the school and some other staff members. The incident occurred at 8:20 am immediately after the morning assembly, leaving the school community in shock and distress. It was revealed that most pupils managed to flee from their classes upon sighting the armed bandits on the school premises. The LEA Primary School, Kuriga (1), relocated its junior and secondary sections to the town’s inner building a few years ago due to security concerns, abandoning the former school building outside the city. A resident named Shitu confirmed the abduction, saying that many pupils fled their classes upon realizing the presence of bandits. Another resident, Lawal Kuriga, mentioned that the kidnapped victims were forcefully taken into the nearby forest. As of the time of reporting, there has been no official statement from the state government.

Nigerian Civil Defence Officer Murdered By Gunmen

An officer of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) in Obangede, Okehi Local Government Area of Kogi State has been killed by unknown gunmen. The NSCDC officer who lost his life was part of the security detail assigned to protect the abducted Chinese road engineer. At the time of reporting, the identities of both the abducted individual and the deceased officer could not be confirmed.  When contacted for confirmation and updates on the incident, the state police spokesperson, William Ovye Aya, stated that he would provide further information later. This incident comes amidst a similar occurrence on February 3, where approximately 14 passengers of God Is Good (GIG) Motors and ABC Transport were abducted in Kogi while en route to Abuja. The incident took place in Inyele Eteke, Olamaboro LGA. The abducted passengers, who were reportedly traveling from the southeast region, were later released after a few days in captivity. Reports indicate that the gunmen intercepted the vehicles and forcibly took the passengers captive, demanding a ransom of N15 million from each individual for their release.

Another attack, Boko Haram, sets IDP Camp, Many Houses On Fire

Suspected Boko Haram insurgents have razed down at least 25 newly constructed buildings meant for returnees in Dikwa Local Government Area of Borno State. Amid the heat of insurgency, Dikwa residents fled their homes and took cover as Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs). However, days after abducting IDPs who went into the forest to fetch firewood, insurgents stormed a remote village in Gajibo, shooting sporadically and burning more than 25 newly built houses. According to Daily Trust, Modu Kundiri who was on his to Maiduguri from Gomboru, they were asked by the troops to wait for about 3 hours at Logomani village. “The soldiers informed us that we had to wait for about 3 hours from 11:am -2 pm before we were allowed to leave Logomani. “I saw and counted more than 25 newly constructed houses at Gajibo village in Dkiwa LGA was on fire,” Modu said. A resident of Dikwa town, Sheriff Lawan, confirmed the news to our correspondent via phone. He added that they equally planted many improvise explosive devices (IEDs) in the ongoing construction site to truncate the rebuilding and resettlement processes of the state government. “The soldiers told us that the insurgents planted many IEDs at the construction site and they discovered some bombs already.”Sherrif said. Gajibo town is a some of 110 kilometers away from Maiduguri, the state capital.

Protesters storm Maitama over ‘Illegal’ enforcement by Asabe Waziri, Police, FCT court officials

Protesters in their large numbers stormed Maitama district of the Federal Capital Territory, to protest what they described as illegal siege on a property, located at No. 1 Mekong Close. Two flats in the property of 15 flats have been in dispute between Abeh Signatures Limited and Asabe Waziri, a millionaire civil servant and staff of the Nigeria National Petroleum Company Limited(NNPCL) for over two years. The Resident Facility Manager, Monday Fada, who led other protesters, said in the last one week, the peace of the area and the property has been disrupted. He alleged that the police are being used to perpetuate illegalities by aiding Mrs Waziri to gain possession of the property. Therefore, they called on the Inspector -General of Police, Mr Kayode Egbetokun to call his men to order to avoid breakdown of law and order. “We had an invasion here on Friday by one Madam Asabe Waziri, using the police to come and disrupt the peace in our property without any valid court, no notice, nothing. “They had the backing of the police and they came and vandalized people’s property here. “We are calling on President Bola Tinubu, the FCT minister, and the Inspector -General of Police to intervene and restore peace to this property because that is what we need in here. “If there is any issue on the property, the court is there to hear the grievances of all parties. We want the rule of law to prevail, things should be done with due process. “These are investors who have invested heavily, so the president should not allow this to happen as it will discourage other investors,” he said. Last week, a lawyer, Mr Victor Giwa, wrote the IGP to halt the illegalities being perpetuated by the Nigerian Police and Ms Asabe Waziri. In the letter dated March 1, 2024, signed by Barrister Giwa, the lawyer accused policemen under the Deputy Inspector-General of Police in charge of Operations of giving backing to break into a property located at No. 1Mekong Close, Maitama, Abuja. The lawyer called for the intervention of the IGP to halt what could lead to breakdown of law and order in the area. Giwa said in the, letter, “Staff of our client approached them to find out why they were criminally intimidating and trespassing into the property without any authorization or any valid Order of Court which no body answered. The hoodiums accompanied by the Police went straight to Flat 3B and 3C, broke down the entire doors and windows without consent or authorization of the resident who were not even at home and began to vandalize, destroy and bring out all the belongings inside the 2 Flats. “The Manager of the apartment upon approaching the hoodlums to find out what is actually going on, was threatened that if he tried anything funny, he will be shot and brutalized. The manager later found out from one of the policemen that they were instructed to come there upon the malicious instigation of one Asabe Waziri and the FCT High Court Director of Enforcement Mr Tony Chukwuemeka Ubani who are both parties to various Court cases revolving around this particular property. “Asabe Waziri and Mr Tony Ubani hoodwinked the DIG Police Force Operations to enforce an Order of Court which is not enforceable. The Case is already pending before the Court of Appeal Abuja Judicial Division and even the Court was of the opinion that the Order/Judgment cannot be enforced as it was just an Order to maintain Status quo. “The property that was criminally trespassed is also currently Lis Pendens and a subject of Litigation pending before a Court of law. This development is totally strange and unlawful as there is an already subsisting Court Order from FCT High Court Bwari restraining Asabe Waziri from interfering, trespassing, disturbing the quiet possession of the residents and she was further estopped from doing anything adverse to the property described as a two (2) bedroom unit of flat 3B and 3C, Abeh Signature Apartments, 1 Mekong Close Maitama Abuja pending the determination of the substantive suit with reference number: CV/3261/22. Please find attached a copy of the Court Order and pictures taken from the incidence annexed to this petition. The unlawful actions of parties involved caused a lot of damages to the properties of the residents worth Millions of Naira. We respectfully call on your good office to investigate into these illegal and unlawful acts and subsequently prosecute them accordingly. Please accept the assurances of our professional regards always.”