Police, DSS Neutralise 3-Man POS Robbery Gang

Police, DSS Neutralise 3-Man POS Robbery Gang

Operatives of the Nigeria Police and those of the Department of State Services neutralised a three-man robbery gang in Enugu on Sunday. The gang specialised in robbing Point of Sale (POS) operators. Police spokesman in Enugu State, DSP Daniel Ndukwe stated that the gang members were neutralised in a gun duel after which arms and ammunition and their operational tricycle were recovered from them. Two locally-made pistols, six rounds of 0.9mm calibre ammunition and N500,000 cash were also recovered from the gang, he stated. “Other exhibits recovered were rolls of POS transaction printing papers, assorted mobile phones, wallets, bags and objects suspected to be charms,’’ he added. Ndukwe stated also that the hoodlums had earlier robbed different POS operators and their customers at gunpoint in different locations in Enugu. “At about 1 p.m., the hoodlums attacked POS operators at different locations in Enugu metropolis, dispossessing them of the recovered exhibits. “The hoodlums opened fire on security operatives who mounted surveillance on them upon sighting the latter. “The security operatives responded with superior firepower, neutralising the three of them and recovering the exhibits in the process,’’ the police spokesman stated. He added that many of the victims later identified the assailants and some of the recovered exhibits. “Investigation is on-going to possibly fish out other members of the criminal gang,’’ Ndukwe also stated. 

Nigerian Army Forces Eliminate Bandit, Seize AK47 Rifle in Kaduna Operation

Nigerian Army Forces Eliminate Bandit, Seize AK47 Rifle in Kaduna Operation

Nigerian Army’s 1 Division reports the successful neutralization of a bandit and the recovery of an AK-47 rifle along with a magazine in Kaduna. Lt-Col. Musa Yahaya, the Acting Deputy Director of Army Public Relations for the Division, confirmed this achievement in a statement on Wednesday in Kaduna. Yahaya disclosed that the troops, acting on reliable intelligence, set up an ambush on a bandit route along Kwant-Kabai-Kubusu Road on Wednesday. As a result, one bandit was eliminated during the ensuing firefight while others managed to escape with gunshot injuries. “In addition to neutralizing a bandit, we retrieved one AK-47 rifle, a magazine, veterinary medicine, and clothing,” Yahaya stated. He further mentioned that Maj.-Gen. Valentine Okoro, the General Officer Commanding the Division, praised the troops for their steadfastness and urged locals to provide timely and credible intelligence to support security agencies.

Troops Rescue 6 Kidnap Victims, Neutralise One Bandit In Kaduna

Troops Rescue 6 Kidnap Victims, Neutralise One Bandit In Kaduna

The 1 Division Nigerian Army says its troops have rescued six kidnapped victims and one bandit neutralised in Kaduna State. The acting Deputy Director, Army Public Relations, 1 Division Nigerian Army, Lt.-Col. Musa Yahaya, who confirmed the development in a statement issued in Kaduna, saod that the victims where rescued on Friday. Yahaya said that the ongoing clearance operation by the troops of the division had continued to yield positive results. He said, “The troop acted on credible and timely intelligence on the kidnap of 6 persons at Hayin Tsando general area of Maraban Jos, in Igabi Local Government Area of the state. “The gallant troops quickly mobilized, embarked on a search and rescue operation. The troops made contact with the bandits and criminal elements and a heavy fire fight ensued. “During the operation, troops successfully rescued six kidnapped victims, captured two AK 47 rifles and neutralized one bandit while others escaped with several degrees of gunshot wounds. “The General Officer Commanding 1 Division Nigerian Army and Force Commander operation Whirl Punch Maj.- Gen. Valentine Okoro, has commended the troops for their resilience.” Yahaya also charged them to continue the aggressive tempo until all criminal elements in the division’s ‘Area of Responsibility’ are completely eradicated. He also appealed to all paramedics to be on lookout for persons with gunshot wounds, report to the Nigerian Army and other sister security services for prompt action.

Troops Neutralise 50 Terrorists, Apprehend 114 –DHQ

Nigerian Army Forces Eliminate Bandit, Seize AK47 Rifle in Kaduna Operation

The Defence Headquarters says troops have neutralised 50 terrorists and apprehended 114 others within a week in various operations across North-East, North- Central and North-West. The Director, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. Edward Buba, made this known while briefing newsmen on the operations of the Armed Forces, on Thursday in Abuja. Buba said the troops also rescued 49 kidnapped hostages within the week. He said troops of Operation Hadin Kai in the North East had sustained onslaught against Boko Haram and Islamic States of West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists, leading to the surrender of some of their fighters in Borno and Yobe. Buba said the troops also recovered 17 AK47 rifles, one AK47 rifle loaded with 21 rounds of 7.62mm special ammo, one hand grenade, 137 rounds of 7.62mm special ammo and four mobile phones. According to him, the troops also neutralised 12 terrorists, arrested 26 and rescued six kidnapped hostages in the region. He added that the air component of Operation Hadin Kai conducted air interdiction around Damboa-Maiduguri and Gwoza-Madagali areas, during which some terrorists were sighted and neutralised with rockets. Buba said troops of Operation Safe Haven in North Central had while on fighting patrol, arrested suspected kidnappers in Kanam and Sanga Local Government Areas of Plateau and Kaduna states within the period. He said one AK47 rifle, four pistols, a Dane gun, 15 rounds of 7.62mm special ammo and two mobile phones were recovered while two terrorists were eliminated, 12 apprehended and three kidnapped hostages rescued. The defence spokesman added that troops of Operation Whirl Stroke also conducted raids and arrested suspected terrorists in Takum Local Government Area of Benue and the Federal Capital Territory. Buba further said that the troops had apprehended 26 suspected criminals and illegal oil bunkerers in Gwagwalada and Abuja Municipal Councils of the FCT within the week under review. “Overall, troops neutralised four terrorists, arrested 28 terrorists and rescued one kidnapped hostage,” he added. In the North West, Buba said troops of Operation Hadarin Daji had conducted fighting patrol and neutralised terrorists in Katsina, Kaduna and Zamfara. He added that nine terrorists were neutralised, 12 arrested, and 25 kidnapped victims rescued. Buba further said that 10 AK47 rifles, one locally fabricated gun, 155 rounds of 7.62mm special ammo, one magazine and one vehicle were recovered from the criminals. The defence spokesman said an air interdiction by the air component of Operation Hadarin Daji on the enclave of a terrorist, Kamilu Buzaru, in Safana Local Government Area of Katsina State, succeeded in neutralising several of the terrorists. “It was acquired and attacked with rockets, neutralizing several terrorists and destroying their logistics,” he added. 

Troops neutralise 23 terrorists, apprehend 137 suspects, rescue 41 hostages

Military Takes Down 53 Illegal Refining Sites, Apprehends 19 Suspects

The Defence Headquarters says the troops of the armed forces have within nine weeks, neutralised 23 terrorists, arrested 109 criminals, and five kidnappers. It also said that one informant and 22 suspected oil thieves were arrested within the period across the country. The Director, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. Edward Buba, in a statement at the weekend, added that the troops also rescued 41 kidnapped hostages. Buba said that 231 terrorists and their families comprising 25 adult males, 63 adult females and 143 children surrendered to troops in the North East. He added that the troops recovered 41 weapons and 300 assorted weapons comprising 14 AK47 rifles, one AK49 rifle, two AK47 rifles loaded with 7.62mm special ammo and one PKT gun. Others according to him, included one LMG, two pump action guns, two locally fabricated pistols, three locally fabricated rifles, two dane guns, one pistol, and two locally made long barrel guns. “Additionally, troops recovered one AK47 rifle loaded with 30 rounds of 7.62mm special, 1 AK47 magazine, one magazine loaded with 30 rounds of 7.62mm special, 239 rounds of 7.62mm special ammo, five rounds of 7.62 NATO, 44 rounds of PKT, 5 rounds of 9mm ammo and 6 cartridges. “Furthermore, troops recovered 13 motorcycle, 22 mobile phones, one bicycle, 10 machete, a pair of camouflage.” He added that the operations in South-South geopolitical zone resulted in the arrest of 682,400 litres of stolen crude oil, 70,950 litres of illegally refined AGO, and 23,250 litres of DPK. “All amounting to an estimated sum of N414.3 million denied to the oil thieves,” the defence spokesman said. Buba said the military would continue to relentlessly pursue the violent groups instigating insecurity and instability in the country. He assured that troops would continue to make improvements towards ensuring safety of citizens and restoring security nationwide.

Police neutralise 2 suspected kidnappers, rescue victim in Enugu

Shakeup In Police As IGP Reassigns 14 AIGs, 26 CPs

The Police Command in Enugu State has neutralised two suspected kidnappers and rescued one male kidnap victim at the outskirt of Enugu metropolis. The Command also recovered the victim’s black-coloured Lexus 350 SUV alongside one locally made revolver gun loaded with four cartridges and another locally fabricated pistol belonging to the criminal elements. This is contained in a statement issued by the Command’s Spokesman, DSP Daniel Ndukwe, on Tuesday in Enugu. Ndukwe said that police operatives, led by the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of Operations, Mr Olasoji Akinbayo, carried out the successful operation on Aug. 20 at about 8:00 p.m. at Centenary Layout along Enugu/Port-Harcourt Expressway. He said that the police operatives were drawn from the NPF Special Forces, Awkunanaw Police Division and tactical teams of the command. “Following the policing thrust and renewed crime fighting impetus of the state’s Commissioner of Police, Mr Kanayo Uzuegbu, a combined team of police operatives rescued a male kidnap victim after a gun fight with the hoodlums. “One of the miscreants, simply identified as “Baron”, was neutralised on the spot in the ensuing shootout, while others escaped with varying degrees of gunshot wounds. “However, further manhunt for the fleeing members of the gang led to the discovery and recovery of the lifeless body of the second neutralised hoodlum. “The second neutralised hoodlum was simply identified as Chukwunonso a.k.a. “Nolly”, in the morning hours of Aug. 21 in a forest at the location of the gun duel,” he said. Ndukwe said that the two neutralised criminals had been on the watch-list of the command. According to him, the operational success was due to the swift response to a distress call on the kidnap of the victim along Agbani Road, Enugu, in the night. The police spokesman commended the operatives for quickly adapting to his newly introduced crime-fighting strategies. He said that the commissioner had previously tasked police officers and other personnel of the command to sustain the tempo. “There will be no breathing space for unrepentant criminals in the state, under his (Uzuegbu) watch as the Commissioner of Police,” he added.