Court Remands Naira Marley In Prison As Police Declare Mohbad’s Ally Wanted

Court Remands Naira Marley In Prison As Police Declares Mohbad's Ally Wanted

A Magistrate Court in Yaba, Lagos State, has remanded Azeez Fashola, popularly known as Naira Marley, and Lagos socialite, Balogun Eletu, aka Sam Larry, into police custody.  This decision comes at the request of the Lagos State Police Command, which sought a 30-day remand for the individuals while they investigate further. However, Magistrate Adeola Olatunbosun ruled for a 21-day remand instead.  Meanwhile, the Lagos State Police Command has declared Owodunni Ibrahim, also known as Primeboy, wanted due to his failure to respond to police invitations during the ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of singer Ilerioluwa Aloba, widely known as Mohbad. Lagos police spokesperson, Benjamin Hundeyin, described Ibrahim as approximately 1.64 meters tall, male, dark-complexioned, with tribal marks, and of Yoruba descent. His last known address is 3rd Power, Oke Eletu, Ikorodu. Hundeyin urged anyone who may have information on Ibrahim’s whereabouts to contact the nearest police station or call 0803 688 5727. Additionally, the state Commissioner of Police, CP Idowu Owohunwa, has offered a reward of N1 million to anyone providing useful information leading to Ibrahim’s arrest. This development follows the tragic death of Mohbad, a former signee of Naira Marley’s record label, at the age of 27 in Lagos.

Naira Marley Lands In Police Custody Over MohBad’s Death

Naira Marley Lands In Police Custody Over MohBad's Death

The Lagos State Police Command has officially confirmed the arrest and detention of Azeez Fashola, aka Naira Marley, the CEO of Marlian Records.  This arrest is in connection with the tragic demise of his former signee, Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba, popularly known as Mohbad. The Command’s spokesperson, Benjamin Hundeyin, took to Twitter late Tuesday night to announce Naira Marley’s detention, stating, “Azeez Fashola, aka Naira Marley, has been taken into custody for interrogation and other investigation activities.” This news came shortly after Naira Marley himself tweeted that he had returned to Lagos, Nigeria, with the intention of assisting the police in their ongoing investigations into Mohbad’s untimely death.  He expressed his commitment to playing his part in seeking justice for Imole. In his tweet, Naira Marley said, “I’d like to share that I’ve just arrived back in Lagos, Nigeria to assist the authorities with the ongoing investigation. It’s important I do my part for Imole. I’ll be meeting with the police with hopes for the truth to be uncovered and for justice to prevail.” This move follows Naira Marley’s previous promise to return to the country to clear his name, as he had raised concerns about his safety and claimed that someone was attempting to falsely implicate him in Mohbad’s death. In related developments, the police had previously arrested Balogun Olamilekan Eletu, also known as Sam Larry, in connection with Mohbad’s tragic passing.     

Mobhad: Justice Will Not Be Aborted, Falana Assures Nigerians

Mobhad: Justice Will Not Be Aborted, Falana Assures Nigerians

Mrs Funmi Falana, wife of Mr Femi Falana (SAN), at the weekend expressed confidence that justice would be served concerning the death of a young musician, Ilerioluwa Aloba (a.k.a Mohbad). Mrs Falana is a Partner at the Falana Falana Chambers, which is a concerned party in the death of the musician. She is also counsel to the family of Aloba. She gave the assurance at the Ikorodu Magistrates’ Court, venue of a coroner’s inquest into the musician’s death. The musician died on September 12 and was buried the following day. He was aged 27 years. His death has been generating controversies, prompting Lagos State Government to direct a coroner’s inquest into the death. A preliminary meeting on the inquest took place on Friday at the court’s premises. Mrs Falana told journalists that the meeting was to discuss the modalities for the inquest including witness to bring before the court. “I am sure you all know that the essence of the coroner’s inquest is to inquire into the cause of the death. “By God’s grace, we want to assure the public that justice will definitely be served,” she said. She said that by October 13, witnesses would be testifying before the court, urging members of the public to be calm. “We want to assure the public that justice will not be aborted. “We are here to get to the root cause of the death of the young man to serve as deterrent,” she said. The controversy being generated by the musician’s death also made the police command in Lagos State to set up a 19-man special team to investigate the incident. The body of the late musician has also been exhumed by the police for further investigation.  

Unpaid Royalties: Mohbad’s Team Vow To Fight Marlian Music

Mohbad’s Team Vow To Retrieve His Unpaid Royalties From Marlian Music

The management of late Nigerian rapper and songwriter, Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly known as “Mohbad”, has vowed to continue the fight to retrieve the singer’s catalogue and unpaid royalties from his former record label, Marlian Music. The management stated this in a statement posted on Mohbad’s verified instagram account, @iammohbad, on Saturday. The statement read, “Right now, we are focused on making sure the legacy of Mohbad lives on and he is remembered as he was in his final months; Free, strong and fighting for his future. “Before his passing, Mohbad was in court to retrieve the majority of his songs and unpaid royalties which were wrongfully held by Marlian Music. “We will continue the fight to retrieve his catalogue and unpaid royalties so that through these, those he left behind, especially his son, Liam Imole, will be provided for. “We want #JusticeforMohbad, and we will appreciate all the support we can get in this fight to retrieve his catalogue from Marlian Music, as this is the justice that Mohbad was working towards.” The management appreciated the outpouring of love from the general public following the passing of Mohbad. Some fans also took to the comment section of the statement to pay their tributes to the late singer. emini_kabex said, “Chai!!! Every single minute I just silently pray and wish in my heart MOH should just pop up on live video and say he is just pranking us…….” Also, harteezofficial wrote, “JUSTICE FOR MOHBAD.” ajimovoix_drums with the display of weeping emojis, said, “Keep resting champ, you fought so hard but God wants it another way round, I miss you Imole.” Mohbad left Marlian Music in 2022, citing unpaid royalties from 2019. He died on Tuesday, September 12 at the of age 27.