Police Confirm Detention of Sam Larry in Connection to Mohbad’s Death

The Lagos State Police have officially confirmed that Balogun Eletu, widely known as ‘Sam Larry,’ is currently in their custody and is actively cooperating with their ongoing investigation into the tragic demise of 27-year-old musician, Ilerioluwa Aloba, better known as Mohbad. SP Benjamin Hundeyin, the spokesperson for the police command, took to his verified Twitter account, @BenHundeyin, to make this announcement. However, Hundeyin did not provide specific details regarding whether Sam Larry had been apprehended by law enforcement or had voluntarily surrendered himself. In his statement, Hundeyin stated, “He is currently assisting with the ongoing investigation,” signifying Sam Larry’s cooperation with the authorities. Mohbad passed away on September 12 and was laid to rest on September 13. However, on September 21, his remains were exhumed to facilitate a thorough autopsy. In the wake of Mohbad’s untimely death, numerous fans and celebrities across different states took to the streets in protest. Their collective demand for justice underscored their suspicion that Mohbad’s passing may involve undisclosed factors yet to be uncovered.
Celebrities, Fans Hold Candlelight Procession In Honour Of Mohbad

In a touching display of solidarity and remembrance, several Nigerian celebrities and fans came together for a candlelight procession in honour of the late singer, Mohbad, in Lekki, Lagos. The event, attended by renowned musicians like Davido, Zlatan, and Falz, along with Lagos State Commissioner for Youths and Social Development, Mobolaji Ogunlende, aimed to pay tribute to the departed artiste. During the procession, the crowd chanted “Justice for Mohbad,” emphasizing their desire for clarity surrounding the circumstances of the singer’s passing. Falz and popular on-air personality, Oladotun Kayode, played pivotal roles in coordinating the gathering. Many attendees held placards bearing various messages calling for justice in Mohbad’s case. The candlelight procession began at the Lekki Phase 1 Gate, proceeding solemnly through the streets until it reached its destination at Muri Okunola Park in Victoria Island. The event provided an opportunity for fans, friends, and fellow artists to come together, remember Mohbad’s contributions to the music industry, and seek answers regarding the circumstances surrounding his untimely death. Mohbad’s passing, which occurred on September 12 and led to his burial the following day, remains under investigation by the police. The candlelight procession served as a poignant reminder of the impact he had on the music community and the lingering questions surrounding his demise.
Mohbad’s Strange Death Could Discourage Young Artistes -Blueboy

*Says he lived a short and troubled life An up-and-coming music artiste, Marcel Obute, has described the life of the young 27-year-old musician, MohBad, who died on Tuesday, as “short and troubled”. The 25-year-old music artiste popularly known as Blueboy, said in Lagos on Wednesday, that the death of Mohbad could scare young artistes in the industry. “Mohbad lived a short and troubled life; his journey to fame was fast and troubled, he revealed that he got into a lot of troubles with his former record label. “He even came on live video to say that his life was being threatened and that if anything happened to him, that the record label should be held responsible. “He made really disturbing videos as of 2022 but this year, he was just giving hit songs and according to sources, he was going through depression after leaving his former record label,” he said. According to Blueboy, Mohbad, who he followed regularly on his social media handles, struggled with depression and threats to his life in his last days. Blueboy, who is a graduate of music from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, also a song writer, instrumentalist and dancer, said the death of MohBad would affect young artists. “His death would affect young artistes in the industry because he exposed the negative aspects of being a celebrity, especially as a young artiste. “This is telling us to be careful before going into contract with a record label as all that glitters is not gold and it’s mostly the more you look, the less you see. “Though not all music labels have these traits but the bad ones get to use and dump young artistes on some occasions. “MohBad came across some information more like secrets and couldn’t handle it, this became a threat to his life of which he once attempted suicide,” he said. Blueboy, noted that the late Nigerian singer made numerous achievements in the industry within his short existence. “Our late young artiste had achieved fame and wealth, he is well known in the industry, he started his own record label after he left Marlian records and had good hit songs. “Currently, some of his songs are still trending like feel good, kpomo, Ronaldo, Shina Peters and several others,” he said. 27-year-old Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly known as MohBad was confirmed dead on Tuesday by a music executive, Ovie, on his X (formerly Twitter) account. The actual cause of his death is yet to be confirmed but fans have continued to sympathise with the family who also called for privacy during their difficult moment.