Nigerian Army Foils Bandits in Kogi: 3 Neutralised, Supplier Arrested

Troops of the Nigerian Army’s 12 Brigade in Lokoja have foiled bandits’ movement in Kogi State, neutralising three suspects, arresting a logistics supplier, and recovering weapons during coordinated operations in Kabba Bunu and Yagba West.
Troops Conduct Clearance Operations in Imo, Anambra, Arrest Suspected Terrorist

Over the weekend, troops from “Operation UDO KA II” launched clearance operations in Imo and Anambra, resulting in the arrest of a suspected terrorist and the recovery of materials for making Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), motorcycles, stored provisions, and other logistical items within the terrorists’ camps. The operations were carried out in Lilu community and Orsumoghu Forest in Orsu Local Government Area of Imo, as well as in Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra. During these clearance operations, the troops encountered various obstacles and successfully detonated numerous IEDs. They also engaged with terrorists who fled into nearby forests with gunshot wounds due to the troops’ superior firepower. Several terrorist camps and shrines were destroyed during these operations. The Acting Deputy Director of Army Public Relations for the 82 Division in Enugu, Lt.-Col. Jonah Unuakhalu, urged law-abiding citizens in the Southeast region to continue providing timely, credible, and reliable information to security agencies, particularly to “Operation UDO KA II.” Such information could lead to the apprehension of individuals who escaped with gunshot wounds. Unuakhalu also called on the people of the Southeast region to disregard deceptive tweets from self-proclaimed Biafra leader Simon Ekpa. He assured law-abiding residents that the region will be rid of criminal activities, as “Operation UDO KA II” remains committed to combating crime and criminality in accordance with established rules and regulations.
Troops Rescue 4 kidnapped Federal Varsity Gusau Students

Troops of the Operation Hadarin Daji of the Nigerian Army, in collaboration with operatives of the Zamfara Police Command have rescued the four kidnapped students of the Federal University Gusau (FUGUS). This is contained in a statement issued by the Information Officer, Operation Hadarin Daji, Capt. Yahaya Ibrahim in Gusau on Sunday. “The combined troops of Operation Hadarin Daji in conjunction with state police command have rescued the four kidnapped students of the Federal University Gusau (FUGUS), who were abducted at their off-campus hostels by the terrorists in Sabongida Community on Saturday. “The rescue was successfully achieved after the troops responded to the distress call on the incident. “The troops immediately mobilized and formed a blocking position at a possible withdrawal route which led to a heavy gun duel with the terrorists. “During the encounter with our superiority force, the terrorists abandoned the victims around 12 midnight and they later were rescued by the troops,” Yahaya explained. The gunmen had recently kidnapped 25 students of the same institution and nine construction workers at the same community. The security operatives had so far rescued 13 students and three construction workers while the remaining victims were still in the bandits’ captivity.
NAF Airstrikes Obliterate Terrorists In Lake Chad

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has said it neutralised several Boko Haram/Islamic States of West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists in air strikes in the Tumbuns on the fringes of Lake Chad in Borno. The Director, Public Relations and Information, NAF, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, made this known in a statement in Abuja. Gabkwet said the air strikes obliterated the terrorists’ hideouts, destroyed their structures and strategic logistics base in the region. He said that Tumbun Fulani and Tumbun Shitu were struck between Sept. 27 and Sept. 30 after confirmation of the terrorists’ activities which constituted a threat to military formations and law-abiding Nigerians residing within the locations. At Tumbun Fulani, terrorists were observed loading jerricans in two gun-trucks concealed under shrubs. Subsequently, NAF aircraft were scrambled to interdict the location, believed to be a major logistics base. According to him, after the strike, Battle Damage Assessment revealed several terrorists were neutralised and the gun-trucks destroyed. He said that similar strikes were also undertaken at Tumbun Shitu after structures believed to be terrorists’ hideout were observed tucked under thick foliage. NAF spokesman said that three gun-trucks with terrorists were sighted moving into the location, adding that the need to strike the location thus became imperative. He said the aftermath of the air strike revealed that several terrorists were neutralised and the trucks destroyed. “The determination of the Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN) to significantly limit the activities of terrorists in the Northeast and indeed other parts of Nigeria remains on course. “Operational gains by the AFN are indicative of improved synergy and cooperation by all security agencies as well as the unwavering support of all Nigerians,” he said.
Again, troops destroy more IPOB/ESN camps in Anambra, Imo

A combined troop of 82 Division, Nigerian Army, sister Services, Nigeria Police, and other security agencies have successfully raided hideouts and training camps belonging to the IPOB/ESN in Orsumoghu Forest spanning Anambra and Imo States. This is contained in a statement by the Director, Army Public Relations, Brig.-Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu, on Tuesday in Abuja. Nwachukwu said the raid was in continuation of ongoing operations to deter enforcement of the illegal sit-at-home order declared by the proscribed Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) and its armed wing, Eastern Security Network (ESN), in the South East. He said the raid operation was carried out on Monday when troops were alerted of the violent activities of the irredentist group enforcing the illegal two weeks sit-at-home order in Onitsha, Nnewi and Iheme Obosi in Anambra State, as well as at New Market in Enugu state. He said the troops cleared IPOB camps in Ekeututu, Orsumoghu, Lilu and Mother Valley camps of the dissidents during the operations. According to him, troops came in contact with the group’s armed fighters, who detonated Improvised Explosive Devices (IED), also known as Ogbunigwe, and fired using locally-fabricated mortar tube. Nwachukwu said the valiant troops overpowered the irredentist group in the firefight, compelling them to abandon their position and fled with gunshot wounds into nearby bushes. “Further cordon and search of the hideouts by the troops, led to the arrest of five fleeing members of the group and recovery of one IPOB flag, one CCTV camera and two detonated IED bombs, and a fabricated mortar tube. “Sadly, five soldiers and two Nigeria Police operatives sustained varying degrees of injuries from the IED detonated by the criminals. “The Nigerian Army encourages all law-abiding citizens of the South East to continue to support ongoing operations with actionable information and to disregard the unlawful two-week sit-at-home order by going about their normal daily activities and businesses. “The Nigerian army, in synergy with sister services and security agencies, will undauntedly continue to protect and safeguard lives and property of the good and enterprising people of South East Nigeria, within the ambit of the law and the rules of engagement,” he said.