Warning Strike: We achieved our goal, says NLC

Warning Strike: We achieved our goal, says NLC

*Calls on workers to return to work promptly as two-day industrial action ends The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has concluded its two-day warning strike, urging its members across the country to resume work. NLC President Joe Ajaero expressed appreciation for the participation of Nigerian workers in the strike, emphasizing that significant progress had been made. The strike, initiated by the labour union, spanned Tuesday and Wednesday and was driven by concerns over unfulfilled agreements with the Federal Government regarding petrol subsidy removal. The decision to strike had a substantial impact, causing disruptions in economic and commercial activities in various states across the nation. Ajaero conveyed the NLC’s satisfaction with the outcomes, stating, “We are pleased to report that, thanks to your resolute commitment, we have made significant strides in achieving the goals set during our National Executive Council (NEC) meeting, which prompted the initiation of this warning strike.” He continued, “It is abundantly clear that our united message has resonated loudly with the government, and it would take a truly inattentive ear not to hear it.” With the warning strike concluded, the NLC called upon its members to return to work promptly, in alignment with the initial agreement. The resolution signals an intent to continue constructive dialogue with the government regarding the subsidy removal issue.

NLC commends Nigerians for successful warning strike compliance

NLC commends Nigerians for successful warning strike compliance

The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has expressed its appreciation to Nigerians for their overwhelming support and dedication in ensuring the success of the first-day warning strike organized by the Congress, which was observed nationwide on Tuesday. Mr. Joe Ajaero, the President of NLC, conveyed this sentiment in a statement titled, “Our Two-Day Nationwide Warning Strike: First Day of Success,” issued on Tuesday in Abuja. Recalling the NLC’s earlier communique at the conclusion of its National Executive Council (NEC) meeting, it had announced the commencement of a two-day nationwide warning strike, scheduled from September 5 to September 6. Additionally, the NLC had issued a warning of a potential indefinite nationwide strike to occur within either 14 working days or 21 days from the issuance of the communique. The Congress emphasized that these actions were contingent upon the government’s response to addressing the significant hardships and widespread impoverishment resulting from the removal of subsidies. According to Ajaero, this is to applaud all Nigerian workers through the actions of all our affiliates and State Councils. “This is for the massive support and efforts at ensuring that the first day of the nationwide warning strike took off with a resounding success across the nation. “You have all demonstrated that your words and decisions will always be backed by action. “This has resonated in every part of the country today and we are sure that the message has been sent to those who doubt our determination to push through with our objectives,”he said. He added that, we are glad to inform you that all of our objectives for the first day were fully met. He said this was due to the high level of compliance experienced as a result of all collective efforts around the federation. The NLC president therefore, commended all for their commitment towards ensuring that the reasons for the warning strike were fulfilled at the time. “We however urge you all to continue with the same zeal and determination which saw the huge success that was recorded today. “This is as we move to the second and final day of the nationwide strike to ensure a complete success of the entire exercise. “While thanking all Nigerian workers and indeed the masses for their understanding as we go through this trying time,” he said. He however, called for more efforts and urged all to join hands to ensure that all loopholes observed during the first day action were plugged. He added that, so that tomorrow’s action would be a total success. “It is our civic duty to ensure that we are governed effectively and that those in government remain accountable to the people at all times! “We are committed to that and with your continued support, our nation will surely become a better place for all of us,” he said.