Hajj 2025: Pilgrims commend accommodation arrangements

Some pilgrims taking part the 2025 Hajj exercise have commended the National Hajj Commission (NAHCON), for providing quality accommodation in Medina, Saudi Arabia. A cross section of the pilgrims stated this in separate interviews with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), on Sunday in Medina, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Alhaji Isa Riyau, a pilgrim from Niger state, said the gesture would ensure a smooth and dignified journey for Nigerian pilgrims in Saudi Arabia. He said that provision of a decent accommodation closed to the Holy Prophet Mosque, would enable the pilgrims to observe their prayers with ease. Riyau said that provision of decent meals for the pilgrims would also enhance their experiences, and encourage them to devote themselves to observing Hajj rituals. “Good nutrition is essential for the pilgrims physical and spiritual wellbeing during this sacred journey,” he said. A pilgrim from Kano State, Isa Abubakar lauded the state government for deploying effective medical team and facilities, to ensure prompt healthcare responses. Another pilgrim from Bauchi State, Abba Muhammad underscored the importance of quality healthcare services to facilitate smooth Hajj exercise. NAN reports that the commission has so far transported 36,359 pilgrims to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for the 2025 Hajj exercise.
2,450 Vulnerable Nigerians get Saudi food donation in Kebbi State

The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), has distributed food baskets to 2,450 vulnerable people in Kebbi. The food package was donated by King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Centre (KSrelief), Saudi Arabia. Flagging off the distribution at Kalgo Local Government Area on Wednesday, Gov. Nasir Idris, expressed gratitude to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for their unwavering support and generosity towards the people of the state. “We are deeply grateful to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for their unwavering support and generosity towards the people of Kebbi. “This is not the first time they have come to our aid, and we appreciate the cordial relationship that exists between our state and the Kingdom, particularly in matters related to Hajj,” he said. Idris, represented by his Deputy, Sen. Umar Abubakar-Tafida, said the relief food baskets would go a long way in alleviating the suffering of the vulnerable families, adding that the state government was thankful for the timely intervention. PLEASE READ: Groups decry HIV, TB high prevalence in Benue The governor also urged the beneficiaries to make good use of the items and to remember that government shared their pain in their struggles. “We wish to thank the Federal Government and commend NEMA for this intervention and similar others in the past, which are complementing the state government’s efforts in providing succor to our people who were displaced by flood and other disasters in the state,” Idris said. The governor commended NEMA for availing partnership through their Sokoto Operation office covering the state in the management of disasters. Earlier, the Director-General of NEMA, Mrs Zubaida Umar, noted that the event marked a significant milestone in their partnership with KSrelief Centre, which dated back to 2018. “Since then, the centre has continued to entrust NEMA with humanitarian support in the form of food baskets that have been distributed directly to vulnerable persons in Borno, Yobe, Kano, Zamfara, Jigawa and Katsina states. “The impact of these interventions have no doubt improved lives and given hope to the beneficiaries as evident in the positive testimonies of the people. “Under the present food donation, the centre has graciously extended the gesture to Kebbi and Adamawa States with donation of 2,450 food baskets in each of the two states,” she said. Mrs Umar, represented by the Director, Special Duties in the agency, Hajiya Fatima Kasim, explained that the beneficiaries of the gesture were identified and profiled by NEMA in collaboration with the Kebbi State Emergency Management Agency. PLEASE READ: Senate refers Natasha Akpoti to ethics committee over seat dispute “Each of the benefiting households will have a total 59.8 kilogram basket of food, comprising of 25kg of rice; 25kg of beans; 4kg of Masa Vita flour; 2kg of tomato paste; 2 litres of groundnut oil; 1kg of salt and 0.8kg of maggi cubes. “It is heartwarming that this distribution is timely, coming when the people are preparing to welcome the Holy Month of Ramadan,” she said. The DG expressed sincere appreciation to the King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Centre Saudi Arabia for their kindness and generosity. “May your philanthropic efforts continue to inspire other organisations to follow your example by investing in the well-being of our citizens,” she prayed.
Hajj 2025: NAHCON approves 4 banks for savings scheme

The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has approved four banks to support and implement the Hajj Savings Scheme. Abdulbasit Abba, an official in the Information and Publications Division of NAHCON, announced the development in a statement in Abuja on Tuesday. Abba stated, “A significant milestone for the Hajj Savings Scheme, three new Islamic banks—Taj Bank, Alternative Bank, and Lotus Bank have officially joined the initiative to support Nigerian pilgrims. “These banks will operate alongside Ja’iz Bank, bringing the total number of participating financial institutions to four. “The official signing and acknowledgment of the appointment letters took place at Hajj House in Abuja, where representatives from the three new banks received their official letters from the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON). “The Commissioner for Policy, Personnel, Management, and Finance, Prince Abdullazak Aliu, presented the letters on behalf of the Chairman/CEO, Prof. Abdullahi Usman. “This expansion marks a new era for the Hajj Savings Scheme, ensuring a more robust financial structure to facilitate pilgrimage arrangements for Nigerian Muslims.
FIFA selects Morocco to co-host the 2030 World Cup and Saudi Arabia to host the 2034 tournament.

Global footballing body, FIFA has sustained its mantra of bringing football to more countries by voting to stage the 2034 soccer fiesta in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Voting at its Extraordinary Congress meeting, Wednesday in Saudi Arabia, FIFA also confirmed Morocco, Spain and Portugal as co-host for the 2030 games. FIFA President Gianni Infantino made the announcement. There was only one bid for the 2030 and 2034 World Cups, and both were accepted with great cheers. KEEP READING: Israel Has Killed the Palestinian Boy Who Wanted to be Like Ronaldo “We are bringing football to more countries and the number of teams has not diluted the quality. It actually enhanced the opportunity,” Infantino said about the 2030 World Cup. The 2030 tournament will span three continents and six countries, with Uruguay, Argentina, and Paraguay hosting commemorative games to commemorate the tournament’s centennial, according to the joint proposal from Morocco, Spain, and Portugal. The World Cup was first hosted by Uruguay in 1930, and it has since been held in Argentina and Spain. Morocco, Portugal, and Paraguay will all be hosting for the first time.
Hajj 2025: No Subsidy for Pilgrims, NAHCON Confirms

With Naira averaging N1,600: USD1, Hajj fares may exceed N10million in 2024 The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria has announced that there will be no government subsidies or concessionary rates for the upcoming 2025 Hajj pilgrimage. This decision was communicated by NAHCON’s Commissioner for Operations, Anofi Elegushi, during a recent virtual meeting with Private Tour Operators. In the announcement, it was confirmed that pilgrims, whether registered through state Pilgrims’ Welfare Boards or private operators, will not benefit from any favorable exchange rates for fare payments. As a result, pilgrims may face costs exceeding N10 million, based on the current exchange rate of over N1,600 to $1, with the standard fare estimated at around $6,000. While the Federal Government had previously offered a substantial subsidy of N90 billion for the 2024 Hajj, no such financial support will be available for 2025. As NAHCON prepares for the next pilgrimage, initial deposit amounts for intending pilgrims have already been set by several states, including the Federal Capital Territory, at N8.4 million. Further discussions revealed that the Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has limited the number of private companies involved in the pilgrimage to ten, each required to register a minimum of 2,000 pilgrims for visa approval. Additionally, it was announced that Nigerian pilgrims who attended the 2023 Hajj will each receive a refund of SR150. However, NAHCON is still awaiting further information regarding refunds for the 2022 Hajj. The Commission clarified that it received only N2.75 billion from 110 companies for the 2024 Hajj registration, contradicting claims of a larger debt owed to the Private Tour Operators. Refunds have already been processed for some companies, with remaining funds yet to be allocated.
Saudi Arabia donates 50 tonnes of dates to Nigeria

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on Tuesday, presented a donation of 50 tonnes of high quality dates to Nigeria, in a bid to deepen bilateral relations between both countries. The Ambassador of the Kingdom to Nigeria, Mr Faisal Alghamdi presented the donation at a ceremony in Abuja. Speaking, Nezat Talaqi the Team Lead of KSRelief, said that the donation was a gift from the custodians of the two Holy Mosques of King Salman Al Saud. He said the government of Saudi through the King’s Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSRelief), had been providing humanitarian assistance to the Government of Nigeria in different fields. He said that the most recent intervention was the execution of Et’am Initiative in which 48, 300 persons got food baskets in Kano, Yobe and Borno at a cost of 500,000 dollars. Also, a statement by the Embassy, said that the Kingdom’s humanitarian centre intended to carry out a medical diagnostic campaign in Abuja, Kano and Lagos, as part of efforts to fulfill its humanitarian and pioneering role at the international level, and also its commitment to humanitarian principle that focused on alleviating the sufferings of all people in distress. “This will happen in the second quarter of 2023, in which various medical procedures will be offered free of charge to Nigerians. “The handover of these dates is part of the humanitarian and Relief assistance presented by the custodian of the two holy mosques-may Allah protect him. “To a number of friendly countries among which is Nigeria so that it can reach the needy families all over the world. “This and more represents the commitments of the Kingdom’s strengthening bilateral relations between our two countries at all levels. “The Kingdom is committed to continue to provide all necessary humanitarian relief and aids to Nigeria, for the betterment and interest of the brotherly and friendly Nigerians people,” it stated. It added that since its establishment in May 2015 and with the help of 175 United Nations members, KSRelief had delivered 2,374 projects valued at more than 6.2 billion dollars and benefitting 91 countries. Receiving the donation, Mrs Janet Olisa, the Director Region, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, expressed gratitude to the government of Saudi Arabia, saying that Nigeria and its people were thankful for the act of kindness. “Every year, the Saudi government has been gracious to share gifts with us of Dates, and today we are here to appreciate what they’ve always done. “Which, a lot of people have benefitted and benefitted from all the dates we have been giving over the years, and what is important is the bilateral relations between both countries have been very good. “Also, this is one of the little things but very important gesture and the things that has always join us together. As members of OPEC is not just talking about the crude. “There are little gifts of exchange between the two countries and the fact that they’ve always been there for us during the Hajj pragramme and that again is another precious gift to the Nigerian people. “We are very grateful. So this dates will go a long way to sweeten our hearts,” she said. She added that the dates would be given to the Humanitarian Ministry. “Within the ministry we also ensure that little by little everybody gets a little bits of the dates and it shared around so it touches a lot of hearts and homes,” she said.