Police, Army Rescue 4 Kidnap Victims In Katsina

Police in Katsina State have rescued four kidnap victims in Dandume Local Government Area on Saturday in collaboration with the military. Police spokesman in the state, ASP Abubakar Sadiq-Aliyu, stated in Katsina on Saturday that the rescue was achieved during a routine patrol around Dankolo village. “In a bid to ensure the safety of lives and property police, in collaboration with troops, rescued four persons kidnapped at different locations in the state. “The relentless efforts and dedication of our security forces paid off, resulting in the rescue,’’ ASP Sadiq-Aliyu stated. He added that the victims had undergone medical examinations to ensure their well-being, and had been reunited with their families.
Gunmen Kidnap Plateau NUJ Chairman

A former Chairman of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) in Plateau state, Kapdaba Gobum, was abducted by suspected kidnappers. He was allegedly kidnapped on Tuesday night. This happened after he left the Press Centre, headed for his house in the Bukuru area of Jos South. Former General Manager of the Plateau Publishing and Printing Company (PPPC), Jonathan Ishaku, and the immediate past chairman of NUJ, Paul Jatau, have confirmed the incident. Ishaku mentioned, “But early this morning (Thursday), the kidnappers called his wife and demanded N35 million.” Jatau expressed surprise at this development and wondered why journalists should be victims of kidnapping. The former NUJ chairman recently retired as a senior editor with the Nigerian Standard, published by the PPPC.
Kidnapped Benue Commissioner Regains Freedom

The Benue Commissioner of Information, Culture and Tourism, Mr Mathew Agbo, who was kidnapped in August, has regained his freedom. Agbo, in a statement on Thursday in Makurdi, thanked Governor Hyacinth Alia and the security agencies for ensuring his safe release. “I appreciate all the effort and prayers that have culminated in my release and subsequent reuniting with my family “I pray that my ordeal will lead to renewed efforts toward tacking both internal and external security challenges in the state. “I, therefore, call on all residents of the state to support government efforts and the security agencies toward tacking insecurity in the state,” Abo called. The Commissioner, who thanked his colleagues, family members, friends and staff of his ministry for their fervent prayers, promised to serve the state to the best of his ability. He called on the residents to pray for the success of the current administration in the state, adding that the Alia-led administration means well for the state. Agbo, who spent ten days in captivity, was kidnapped on September 24 at his hometown in Zaki-Biam Local Government Area of the state. Abo was sworn in as a member of the Benue Executive Council on August 29.
Zamfara Students’ Abduction: FG Not Negotiating With Terrorists –Minister

The Ministry of Defence (MoD) has described as misleading, allegation that the Federal Government was negotiating with the Zamfara terrorists to secure the release of the abducted students of Federal University, Gusau. This is contained in a statement on Tuesday in Abuja, by Mr Hope Attari, Acting Director of Press and Public Relations, MoD. Attari said that the Minister of Defence, Alhaji Mohammed Badaru, was reacting to a statement credited to a governor that the Federal Government was negotiating with the terrorists to secure the release of the students. Badaru, while condemning the act and reassuring Zamfara residents, said that the Federal Government was doing everything possible to secure their release. He explained that President Bola Tinubu had given marching order to the military and other security agencies to ensure the release of those abducted. According to him, the Federal Government is not negotiating with the Zamfara terrorists to secure the release of the abducted. The government is working assiduously round the clock to ensure that the girls and others return home. “The allegation is false and misleading as the ministry has not mandated any body or group to negotiate on behalf of the Federal Government.” He reassured Zamfara residents and Nigerians at large of the progress being made for the quick return of the female students and others of Federal University Gusau. He expressed confidence that the joint security task forces was working discreetly round the clock to get the students rescued. He extended his heartfelt sympathy to the parents, the academic community, and the entire residents of the state for the tragic abduction. He, however, noted that the order of the president had started yielding result as 13 of the abducted students and 3 others regained their freedom on Monday. “This feat was achieved through the professional efforts of the military. “I condole with the families of the girls and others that were abducted; I share in your pain and strongly condemn this reprehensible act carried out by suspected bandits,” he said.