‘Enough is Enough, Kidnappers deserve death penalty, Remi Tinubu fumes

Nigeria’s First Lady, Oluremi Tinubu, has said that anyone convicted of abduction deserves capital punishment. The first lady stated this in her reaction to the news of 200 women who were kidnapped in Borno State, and over 280 pupils and teachers kidnapped in Kaduna State. Remi Tinubu, also described kidnappers as cowards, saying “Whoever is kidnapping young people is sick, cruel, and a coward. “Enough is enough and I call on the state governors that once we take hold of them, they deserve capital punishment. “Why don’t they take people their size? Why are they torturing our children? What they are trying to do is kill our future. “We all know parents, when we are old we rely on our children. “Why would you go and take them from schools? Right now, I think enough is enough. As a former lawmaker, I believe that any one of them captured deserves capital punishment. “They (kidnappers) are animals, they are evil and we should take them out of our midst. “The state governors and the lawmakers should do something.” Recall that about 200 women were reportedly kidnapped by Boko Haram terrorists in the Gamboru-Ngala and Dikwa local government areas of Borno State. The women, who were Internally Displaced Persons, were said to have been kidnapped while they went into the bush in search of firewood. Also, over 280 pupils and teachers of Government Secondary School and LEA primary school at Kuriga, Kaduna State were abducted by bandits on Thursday, triggering national outrage. The bandits reportedly invaded the Kuriga area of the Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State on Thursday, shooting at their victims before taking away at least 280 of the pupils and teachers from both schools.

Troops Rescue 4 kidnapped Federal Varsity Gusau Students

Troops Rescue 4 kidnapped Federal Varsity Gusau Students

Troops of the Operation Hadarin Daji of the Nigerian Army, in collaboration with operatives of the Zamfara Police Command have rescued the four kidnapped students of the Federal University Gusau (FUGUS). This is contained in a statement issued by the Information Officer, Operation Hadarin Daji, Capt. Yahaya Ibrahim in Gusau on Sunday. “The combined troops of Operation Hadarin Daji in conjunction with state police command have rescued the four kidnapped students of the Federal University Gusau (FUGUS), who were abducted at their off-campus hostels by the terrorists in Sabongida Community on Saturday. “The rescue was successfully achieved after the troops responded to the distress call on the incident. “The troops immediately mobilized and formed a blocking position at a possible withdrawal route which led to a heavy gun duel with the terrorists. “During the encounter with our superiority force, the terrorists abandoned the victims around 12 midnight and they later were rescued by the troops,” Yahaya explained. The gunmen had recently kidnapped 25 students of the same institution and nine construction workers at the same community. The security operatives had so far rescued 13 students and three construction workers while the remaining victims were still in the bandits’ captivity. 

Bandits Abduct Federal University Gusau Students

Zamfara Students’ Abduction: FG Not Negotiating With Terrorists –Minister

Once again, an unspecified number of students from the Federal University of Gusau were abducted in the early hours of Friday. This incident occurred when armed bandits in large numbers invaded the Sabon-Gida community in the Bungudu Local Government Area of Zamfara State. A resident of Sabon-Gida, Nazeer Sabon-Gida, recounted the terrifying events, stating that the gunmen struck the community at around 3 am, opening fire indiscriminately. “They entered the town around 3 am and started shooting indiscriminately,” he said. “We have yet to confirm the number of students kidnapped because the bandits entered three hostels and kidnapped all the students there. It is difficult to ascertain their numbers now.” Reports monitored by NIGERIAN ANCHOR on Channels Television suggest that the bandits engaged in a fierce gun battle with troops of the Nigerian Army. However, despite the confrontation, the bandits managed to escape with the kidnapped victims. “They were seriously engaged with the army troops, but the way these bandits operate, they will divide themselves into two groups. One group will move with the kidnapped victims, while the other will stay behind to protect the first group,” Sabon-Gida explained. “The first group had left with the students while the second group engaged the army in a gun duel.” It’s worth noting that back in June, some students from the same university protested against the increasing incidents of abductions involving their fellow schoolmates in Sabon-Gida and Damba. Sabon-Gida village is situated opposite the main campus of the Federal University of Gusau, approximately 20 km from the state capital, Gusau.