UN Security Council Endorses Trump’s Gaza Peace Plan, Approves Temporary International Force

New York, November 17, 2025 — The United Nations Security Council on Monday adopted a resolution endorsing a U.S.-proposed peace plan for Gaza and authorizing the deployment of a temporary international force in the enclave, following two years of war between Israel and Hamas. Resolution 2803 (2025), sponsored by the United States, passed with 13 votes in favour and none against, while China and Russia abstained. The text of the resolution welcomes the Comprehensive Peace Plan unveiled by U.S. President Donald Trump on September 29, which outlined a 20-point roadmap for ending hostilities and rebuilding Gaza. The plan’s first phase led to a ceasefire between Hamas and Israel several days after its announcement. Creation of Gaza Board of Peace The resolution further welcomes the creation of a Board of Peace (BoP), described as a “transitional administration” responsible for overseeing reconstruction efforts and political stabilisation in Gaza. It authorizes the BoP to establish a temporary International Stabilisation Force (ISF) “to deploy under unified command acceptable to the Board of Peace.” The ISF, the resolution says, will operate “in close consultation and cooperation” with Egypt and Israel, with member states contributing personnel and resources. 📰 Related Story: UN Secretary-General Guterres Urges Swift Deployment of Gaza Peace Force – The UN chief calls for “urgent mobilisation” of resources to stabilise Gaza and rebuild basic services within six months. U.S. Hails ‘New Course’ for the Middle East Speaking after the vote, U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Mike Waltz, thanked Council members for supporting what he called “a new course in the Middle East for Israelis and Palestinians and all the people of the region alike.” “Today’s resolution represents another significant step towards a stable Gaza that will be able to prosper and an environment that will allow Israel to live in security,” Waltz said. He added that the International Stabilisation Force “will help stabilise the security environment, support the demilitarisation of Gaza, dismantle terrorist infrastructure, decommission weapons, and maintain the safety of Palestinian civilians.” 📰 Related Story: Trump’s 20-Point Gaza Plan: Key Provisions and Reactions – A breakdown of the U.S. President’s proposed roadmap and how it aims to balance Israeli security with Palestinian reconstruction. Arab States Back Plan, Call for Justice Algerian Ambassador Amar Bendjama welcomed the initiative and acknowledged the efforts undertaken by President Trump to advance peace in the region. However, he stressed that “genuine peace in the Middle East cannot be achieved without justice for the Palestinian people, who have waited for decades for the establishment of their independent State.” Bendjama noted that the resolution had received broad support from Arab and Muslim countries, adding that “the Palestinian Authority at the highest level has openly welcomed the initiative.” 📰 Related Story: Palestinian Authority Welcomes UN Vote, Calls It ‘First Step Toward Statehood’ – Ramallah officials say the new UN resolution could revive the long-dormant two-state framework. Russia, China Abstain Explaining Russia’s decision to abstain, Ambassador Vasily Nebenzya said the Council was, in essence, “giving its blessing to a U.S. initiative on the basis of Washington’s promises.” He warned that the resolution handed “complete control over the Gaza Strip to the Board of Peace and the ISF, the modalities of which we know nothing about so far.” China also abstained but did not issue an immediate statement following the vote. Background The two-year Gaza war, which began in late 2023, resulted in thousands of casualties and large-scale destruction across the enclave. The newly endorsed U.S. plan seeks to stabilise the territory, initiate reconstruction, and pave the way for eventual Palestinian self-governance under international supervision. The International Stabilisation Force, to be drawn from multiple countries, is expected to begin deployment within weeks, pending agreement on its command structure and mandate duration.
Iran launches 120 missiles into Israel

The Islamic Republic of Iran has launched a total of 120 long range missiles into Tel Aviv, Israel, with a few hitting targets while many were intercepted by Israeli anti missile system. It has been long speculated that the latest reckless onslaught of Israeli attack on multiple countries in the Middle East would lead to this escalaltion. Israel has expanded its massive war on Gaza to Labanon, Syria and Yemen.
Israel Releases Another 42 Palestinian Women, Children From Prison

More Trucks With Fuel, Aid Head To Gaza Another 42 Palestinians held in Israeli prisons are to be released on Saturday as part of the agreement between the Israeli government and the Islamist Hamas movement, according to the Times of Israel newspaper. Israel will initially transfer the detainees to Ofer Prison in the occupied West Bank for medical examinations by International Red Cross staff, according to the newspaper, which cited Israeli prison officials. Al Jazeera reported that the prisoners to be released include 18 women and 24 teenage boys. As a condition of the agreement, Hamas militants must first release Israeli hostages being held in Gaza before the Palestinian prisoners are released from Israeli custody, according to the report. After their release, the Palestinians are to return to the places where they previously lived, for example in the West Bank or East Jerusalem. The first group of Palestinian prisoners consisted of minors and women held in Israeli prisons on offences ranging from stone-throwing to attacks on police officers, including some who were arrested but never faced trial, Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported. Meanwhile, more trucks carrying humanitarian supplies moved through Egypt’s Rafah border crossing to the Gaza Strip on Saturday, the second day of a temporary truce agreed to by Israel and the Islamist Hamas movement. Seven fuel trucks, including four loaded with cooking gas, passed through the crossing on Saturday, an Egyptian official said. In addition, 100 trucks carrying food and medical aid bound for Gaza also crossed through Rafah, Dr Raed Abdel-Nasser, the head of the Red Crescent in Egypt’s northern Sinai, told dpa. The Palestinian Red Crescent, meanwhile, said its teams received 196 trucks of relief supplies via Rafah on Friday from its Egyptian counterpart. The truce agreement, which was brokered and announced by Qatar on Wednesday, involves a four-day pause in fighting between both sides. The pause will allow desperately needed aid to flow into the densely populated Gaza Strip in exchange for the release of some hostages Hamas kidnapped during bloody Oct. 7 attacks on Israel. Israel also agreed to release a number of Palestinians held in Israeli prisons as part of the deal.
Israel/Hamas Conflict Could Distort Global Commodity Markets –World Bank

Although the global economy is in a much better position than it was in the 1970s to cope with a major oil-price shock, an escalation of the latest conflict in the Middle East—which comes on top of disruptions caused by the Russian invasion of Ukraine—could push global commodity markets into uncharted waters, the World Bank has said. In its latest Commodity Markets Outlook, released on Monday morning, The Washington based lender said the effects should be limited if the conflict doesn’t widen. The Bank note that oil prices are expected to average $90 a barrel in the current quarter before declining to an average of $81 a barrel next year as global economic growth slows. “Overall commodity prices are projected to fall 4.1% next year. Prices of agricultural commodities are expected to decline next year as supplies rise. Prices of base metals are also projected to drop 5% in 2024. Commodity prices are expected to stabilize in 2025. “The conflict’s effects on global commodity markets have been limited so far. Overall oil prices have risen about 6% since the start of the conflict. Prices of agricultural commodities, most metals, and other commodities have barely budged. “The outlook for commodity prices would darken quickly if the conflict were to escalate,” it said. The report stated that effects would depend on the degree of disruption to oil supplies. According to the global Bank, in a “small disruption” scenario, the global oil supply would be reduced by 500,000 to 2 million barrels per day—roughly equivalent to the reduction seen during the Libyan civil war in 2011. Under this scenario, the oil price would initially increase between 3% and 13% relative to the average for the current quarter—-to a range of $93 to $102 a barrel, the report said. “In a “medium disruption” scenario—roughly equivalent to the Iraq war in 2003—the global oil supply would be curtailed by 3 million to 5 million barrels per day. That would drive oil prices up by 21% to 35% initially—to between $109 and $121 a barrel. In a “large disruption” scenario—comparable to the Arab oil embargo in 1973— the global oil supply would shrink by 6 million to 8 million barrels per day. That would drive prices up by 56% to 75% initially—to between $140 and $157 a barrel. “The latest conflict in the Middle East comes on the heels of the biggest shock to commodity markets since the 1970s—Russia’s war with Ukraine. That had disruptive effects on the global economy that persist to this day. Policymakers will need to be vigilant. If the conflict were to escalate, the global economy would face a dual energy shock for the first time in decades—not just from the war in Ukraine but also from the Middle East,” said World Bank’s Chief Economist and Senior Vice President for Development Economics, Indermit Gill. The World Bank’s Deputy Chief Economist and Director of the Prospects Group, Ayhan Kose, noted that “Higher oil prices, if sustained, inevitably mean higher food prices. If a severe oil-price shock materializes, it would push up food price inflation that has already been elevated in many developing countries. At the end of 2022, more than 700 million people—nearly a tenth of the global population—were undernourished. An escalation of the latest conflict would intensify food insecurity, not only within the region but also across the world.”
Tragic 2,360 Children Killed By Israel In Gaza Strip – UNICEF

*Calls Both Parties To Ceasefire, Release Hostages UNICEF has said that a tragic 2,360 children have died in Israel’s counter attacks in the Gaza Strip in response to Hamas’ October 7 attacks on southern Israel. The aid group, which spoke of the “relentless attacks” said 5,364 children have been injured. Since the surprise Hamas attacks on October 7, Israel’s army have been bombing targets in the Gaza Strip and preparing a ground offensive in the sealed-off coastal area. “The situation in the Gaza Strip is a growing stain on our collective conscience. The rate of death and injuries of children simply staggering,” said Adele Khodr, UNICEF regional director for the Middle East and North Africa. He said the Gaza Strip is suffering from acute water shortages, with severe consequences for children, who make up about 50 per cent of the population. UNICEF urged all parties to agree to a ceasefire, provide humanitarian access and release all hostages.
Algeria Condemns Israel’s ‘Deliberate’ Strike On Gaza Hospital

Algeria on Wednesday condemned the “deliberate” strike carried out by Israel on a hospital in Gaza on Tuesday, said the president’s office. “Algeria condemns, in the strongest terms, the deliberate strike on a hospital in the Gaza Strip by the occupying forces, causing hundreds of casualties and multiple injuries among Palestinian children,” it said in a statement. In response to this attack, Algeria “calls on the international community, humanitarian organisations and global conscience to immediately intervene to stop these barbaric acts that violate international humanitarian law and the most basic human values,” it said. The attacked Al Ahli Arab Hospital was operational, with patients, health and caregivers, and internally displaced people sheltering there, according to the World Health Organisation. The Gaza-based health ministry said the airstrikes were carried out by Israel, while the Israeli military said the Islamic Jihad organisation is responsible for the “failed shooting” that targeted Israel.
Palestinian War: Israel Seeks $10bn Emergency Relief From US

Israel has asked the United States for $10 billion in emergency aid amid the escalation of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, the New York Times newspaper reported. The White House is reportedly preparing an assistance package for Israel, which also contains aid to Ukraine, funding to reinforce the U.S.-Mexico border, and aid to Taiwan, the newspaper said late on Monday night. On Sunday, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said that Washington was considering Israel’s requests for additional military aid to conduct its operation in the Gaza Strip. On Tuesday, White House National Security Council spokesperson John Kirby said that U.S. President Joe Biden during his visit to Israel scheduled for Oct. 18 would get an update from Israeli officials about their strategy against Hamas in Gaza, including the pace of their military operations. Last week, a United States official told Sputnik that Washington had not made a decision on whether it would tie in assistance for Ukraine and Taiwan in a supplemental funding request it was preparing to submit to Congress seeking additional aid for Israel. U.S. Army Secretary Christine Wormuth said the U.S. military would need additional support from Congress to be able to provide security assistance to Ukraine and Israel simultaneously. On October 7, Palestinian group Hamas launched a surprise attack on Israel, prompting retaliatory strikes on the Gaza Strip. The conflict has left thousands of people dead and injured on both sides.
Death Toll Of Palestinians In Gaza Rises To Over 1,200

The death toll of Palestinians in Gaza has tragically climbed to over 1,200 as Israeli airstrikes continue to devastate the region. According to the Gaza Health Ministry, approximately 5,800 people have also sustained injuries. This escalating violence marks the sixth day of intense conflict between Israel and Hamas, the ruling militant group in Gaza. In their efforts, Israel has relentlessly targeted the densely populated and economically disadvantaged Palestinian coastal enclave, further exacerbating the humanitarian crisis. Vital supplies, including food, fuel, and medicines, are severely restricted from entering Gaza, leading to grave concerns about the welfare of innocent civilians. Additionally, Israeli officials report that 1,200 Israelis have lost their lives since the onset of Hamas’ violent attacks on communities and an electronic music festival near the Gaza Strip over the weekend. Among the casualties, 189 Israeli soldiers have tragically perished in the ongoing conflict.