IGP: Egbetokun to remain in office till 2027

President Bola Tinubu has approved that the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Kayode Egbetokun, remain in office until 2027.
Endbadgovernance: Police Raid Homes in Abuja

Scared about a re-occurence, @NPF has resorted to raiding homes and public places in search of people suspected
Hunger Protest: Don’t bother to continue

Know your rights but do not neglect your responsibilities or duties,” he cautioned the protesting youth.
BREAKING: We Won’t Allow Violence Under Guise Of Copying Kenya Protests – IGP

The Inspector-General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun, on Tuesday, warned against any violence under guise of replicating the protest which shook Kenya. Following some policies which aggrieved Kenyans considered anti-masses, young persons trooped to the parliament and strategic places across Kenya last month. The protest had led to some reforms, including cabinet reshuffle. Some groups are currently mobilising for protest under the theme #EndBadGovernance But speaking at the Force Headquarters in Abuja during a strategic meeting with top police officers from the rank of Commissioners of Police, Assistant Inspector-General of Police (AIG) and the Deputy Inspector-General of Police (DIG), on Tuesday, Egbetokun advised those planning the protest to jettison the idea, saying the police would not fold their arms watching them engaging in violence. The police boss said the force’s decision was based on what happened during the last #EndSARS protest nationwide, insisting that the police, particularly has not been relieved of the trauma they passed through. The top cop said, “Our position is that the proposed violent protests are ill-advised and should be jettisoned fortuitously. We have the responsibility to protect properties and everyone, irrespective of their race, colour, ethnicity, or tribe, who are lawfully embarking on their daily activities. “We will, therefore, not sit back and fold our arms to watch violent activities unleash violence on our peaceful communities or destroy any of our national critical infrastructure and assets again.” According to him, the police have run background checks on many of the organisers and sponsors of the protest, it was found out that many of them are not living in Nigeria, and that they are only out to instigate crisis in the country. He added, “Before concluding this address, it is important I address an issue of urgent national importance which appears to have gained some momentum, particularly on social media, in the past few weeks. “Some groups of people, self-appointed crusaders and influencers, have been strategising and mobilizing potential protesters to unleash terror in the land under the guise of replicating the recent Kenya protests. “While the force acknowledges the right to peaceful protest as enshrined in our constitution, we must ensure that these protests do not snowball into violence or disorder. “As a nation, we have had more than our fair share of violent protests, with rather dastardly consequences. The last #EndSARS protest led to one-tenth destruction of public assets, including police stations, courts, and transport infrastructure, and the loss of several lives. “Tales of sorrow, tears, and blood followed what was supposedly intended to be a well-intentioned exercise. Rather than lead to any positive outcome, EndSars merely aggravated crime rates and insecurity in several parts of the country. “Indeed, we are yet to fully recover from the huge economic losses and deep-seated psychological and emotional trauma inflicted upon our people by these protests.” Fielding questions from journalists, Egbetokun also said that measures are in place to ensure that any hoodlums attempting to disguise themselves as protesters will be apprehended. He stated, “We have mapped out plans to ensure that no individual or group succeeds in fostering a reign of terror and anarchy on other law-abiding and dissolving Nigerians. “Consequently, I want to seize this opportunity to sound the note of serious warning to hoodlums who may want to take laws into their own hands in the name of protests. Do not worry.”
Tinubu Orders Security Agencies To Rescue Abducted Gusau Varsity Students

President Bola Tinubu has taken decisive action, instructing security agencies to undertake the immediate rescue operation of the abducted female students from the Federal University Gusau, who were forcibly taken by terrorists last Thursday. In a statement released by his media aide, Mr. Ajuri Ngelale, President Tinubu strongly condemned this abhorrent act of abduction. He expressed his deep concern that there could be no moral justification for such a heinous crime committed against innocent victims whose only ‘offense’ was their pursuit of a quality education. The President has reassured the families of the abducted students that no effort will be spared in ensuring their safe return. Tinubu has made a firm commitment that the Federal Government will uphold the sanctity of educational institutions, preserving them as bastions of knowledge, growth, and opportunity, and free from the menacing threats of terrorists. The horrifying incident unfolded when bandits attacked three female students’ hostels in Sabon Gida, an area where students live outside the main campus of the university, during the midnight hours last Thursday, leading to the abduction of an unknown number of students. Although many female students were kidnapped, some managed to escape.
IGP deploys newly promoted Frank Mba, Bala Ciroma, others

The Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Mr Usman Baba Alkali has approved the deployment of the two newly promoted Deputy Inspectors-General of Police (DIG), Frank Mba and Bala Ciroma to departments. The Force Public Relations Officer, CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi said this in a statement on Saturday in Abuja. He said Mba had been deployed to head the Department of Research and Planning while Ciroma was deployed to head the Department of Training and Development Adejobi said Mr Hafiz Inuwa, a DIG had also been redeployed to head the Department of Logistics and Supply. According to Adejobi, with the recent elevation, Ciroma has become the supervising DIG for the North-East and Mba, the supervisory DIG for the South-East Geo political zone. The police spokesman said the IGP also approved the posting/redeployment of 17 Assistant Inspectors-General of Police (AIGs) to various commands and formations. He said the posting are Abubakar Lawal, AIG Zone 10 Sokoto, Abdul Umar, AIG Zone 15 Maiduguri, Williams Adebowale, AIG Zone 7 Abuja, Shettima Zanna, AIG Armament FHQ Abuja, Ebong Eyibio Ebong, AIG Zone 17 Akure and Adepoju Ilori, AIG Maritime Lagos. Others are Okon Effiong, AIG FCID Annex Kaduna, Echeng Echeng, AIG Zone 9 Umuahia, Susan Horsefall, Commandant Staff College Jos, Bankole Sikiru, AIG DFA FHQ Abuja, Oladimeji Olanrewaju, AIG Zone 11 Osogbo and Odama Ojeka, AIG FEDOPS FHQ, Abuja. Adejobi said other AIGs deployed are Shehu Gwarzo, AIG Forensic, Yekini Ayoku, AIG R&P, FHQ Abuja, Yahaya Abubakar, AIG FCID Alagbon Lagos, Umar Sanda, AIG Zone 1 Kano and Ede Ayuba, AIG CTU FHQ Abuja. Adejobi said the Police Boss urged the senior police officers to continue to entrench professionalism and respect for rights of citizens in their new places of assignment. He also called on the officers to pursue the task of ensuring public safety and security in their areas of responsibilities with renewed vigour.