France Pushes NATO Exercise in Greenland as Arctic Security Tensions Rise

French President Emmanuel Macron delivers a speech highlighting the strategic importance of Greenland and the Arctic region, emphasizing France’s willingness to participate in NATO operations to ensure regional security. The backdrop features a map of Greenland and Arctic imagery, underscoring the geopolitical significance of the area.
Nigerien Leader, Abdourahmane Tchiani accuses France of Funding Insecurity in Northern Nigeria, Says, Tinubu, Rufa’i and Ribadu are Aware

In a trending video, he says the conflagration in Sokoto is aimed at creating an operating base. The League of Northern Democrats (LND) has jumped into the fray and called on President Tinubu and others to clear their names by telling Nigerians their side of the story. In the fast trending video, the Nigerien Head of State, Abdourahamane Tchiani accuses France of funding Boko Haram. Speaking in Hausa, the Nigerien leader also pointed accusing fingers at President Bola Tinubu as having knowledge of France funding of Boko Haram. The Nigerien leader also mentioned Ahmed Rufa’i, the immediate past Director General of National Intelligence Agency (NIA) and Nuhu Ribadu, the National Security Adviser (NSA) as not only been aware of France funding of Boko Haram, but involved in militarising the swarth of land currently being occupied by the Lakurawa terrorist group. Reacting to the revelations by Tchiani, the League of Northern Democrats (LND) have called on President Tinubu and other officials of the Federal Government implicated to come clean by telling Nigerians all they know about this grievous act of territorial compromise. PLEASE SEE: Tchiani Abdourahamani Interview The statement, which was signed by Dr. Ladan Salihu, the LND Spokesperson reads in part: “The League of Northern Democrats (LND) expresses grave concern over the allegations made by the President of Niger Republic, in a Hausa video clip that has gone viral, accusing France of complicity in funding and equipping Boko Haram and implicating prominent Nigerian officials, including President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, former NIA DG Ahmed Rufa’i, and the NSA Nuhu Ribadu. Notwithstanding the poor diplomatic relations between Niger on the one hand and France and Nigeria on the other, these allegations, made by a sitting president with access to sensitive intelligence and specific information, are too significant to be ignored as mere international politics. We therefore respectfully call on the federal government, and Ahmed Rufa’i and Nuhu Ribadu, as esteemed northerners and public servants, to provide the nation – especially the North that is bearing the brunt of the insurgency – with concrete, cogent and verifiable evidence refuting or clarifying these allegations.” As the rest of the world celebrate Christmas, parts of Northern Nigeria conflagrated following the convergence of the two extremes of war and terrorism. On Christmas day, the Nigerian Air Force bombed two communities in Silame Local Government Area of Sokoto state, killing several residents. As this was going on, terrorists attacked a military base in Borno State with, you will not be believe it, armed drones. It was reported that five members of the troops were wounded.
President Macron Appoints 34-Year-Old Gabriel Attal as New Prime Minister

In a move to revitalize his administration ahead of the European Parliament elections, French President Emmanuel Macron, on Tuesday, named 34-year-old Gabriel Attal as France’s new Prime Minister. Attal, previously serving as the Education Minister, replaces outgoing Prime Minister Elisabeth Borne. The appointment underscores Macron’s bid to move beyond last year’s contentious pension and immigration reforms. With an eye on the upcoming EU ballot in June, Macron aims to bolster his centrist party’s standing in the face of a current polling deficit to the far-right leader Marine Le Pen by approximately eight to 10 percentage points. Attal, a close ally of Macron, gained prominence as the government’s spokesperson during the COVID-19 pandemic. His selection aligns with Macron’s aspirations to introduce new political initiatives, as announced toward the end of 2023. In his statement to Attal, Macron expressed confidence, stating, “I know I can count on your energy and commitment to implement the project of revitalization and regeneration that I announced.” At 34, Attal becomes France’s youngest Prime Minister and the first openly gay individual to hold the position. His partnership with Macron notably yields a combined age just below that of U.S. President Joe Biden, who seeks re-election this year. Despite his swift rise in politics and widespread popularity in recent polls, Attal has faced online hate speech, including antisemitic and homophobic attacks, owing to his identity. Gabriel Attal’s political journey has been characterized by diverse roles, including advising the Minister of Health, serving as a Member of the French National Assembly, and assuming key positions within Macron’s party, La République En Marche! Born on March 16, 1989, Attal entered the government as Secrétaire d’État at the age of 29, setting a record as the youngest member of a government in the Fifth Republic. His subsequent ministerial roles included overseeing Public Action and Accounts, and later, National Education and Youth. Attal’s ascent to the Prime Minister’s office at 34 marks a milestone in French politics, yet he continues to navigate challenges, including facing discrimination and online vitriol due to his personal identity.
Nigeria, France Sign Pact To Support Young Entrepreneurs, Boost Employment

The Federal Government on Friday signed an agreement with France on the Digital and Creative Enterprise (I-DISE) programme aimed at promoting employment opportunities in Nigeria. Minister of Foreign Affairs, Yusuf Tuggar and the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of the Republic of France, Catherine Colonnade signed the bilateral agreement at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja on behalf of both countries. The agreement was also witnessed by Bosun Tijani the Minister of Communications who represented the Vice President of Nigeria, Kashim Shettima. Tuggar said the I-DICE programme is an initiative of the Federal Government of Nigeria, spearheaded by the Office of the Vice President and aimed at promoting entrepreneurship and innovation in the digital technology and creative industry sectors. According to the minister, with a focus on job creation, the programme is set to significantly impact young Nigerians, by assisting them to create sustainable employment opportunities, develop high value-added industries and contribute to the development of the Nigerian economy. He said the programme would train two million young people, whilst encouraging them to structure their own ecosystem, through access to financing for the creation of innovative businesses and start-ups. Tuggar said the programme is being financed by the French Development Agency (AFD), the African Development Bank (AfDB), the Islamic Development Bank (ISDB) & the Bank of Industry (BOI). He said of the 600 million dollar value of I-DICE, the AFD is contributing 100 million euros (equivalent to $116 million). He added that the programme would also receive funding and support from the private sector and institutional investors adding that the Bank of Industry, as the Implementing Agency, will coordinate the day-to-day activities of the project. Colonnade thanked all the partners and co-financers including the l’Agence Française de Développement, bien sûr. She said the purpose of this ambitious programme is to support young entrepreneurs and innovators. She added that the programme will promote the employability of Nigerian youth, enable Nigeria to boost the capacities of its very promising digital technology and creative industries and help thousands of young Nigerian entrepreneurs to unleash their talents. “Those digital technology and creative industries have indeed enormous potential to create jobs and spur economic growth in Nigeria. “We are very pleased that the French Agency for Development is stepping into these sectors, enabling us to scale up significantly our actions through the I-DICE programme,’’ she said. According to her, the programme is expected to include nearly two million youth in the training sessions of which 40 per cent would be women. “The programme will create more than 65,000 start-ups, 150,000 direct jobs in the technology and creative industries sectors and approximately 1.3 million indirect jobs.’’ Speaking on behalf of the vice president, Tijani said Shettima champions youth development and the Nigerian government’s efforts to boost the employability of young people by focusing on promising careers in the digital, cultural and creative industries. “As part of our efforts to stimulate the growth of the Nigerian economy and mainstream the application of technology in critical sectors, we welcome the support of the French government as they collaborate with us to leapfrog technological advancements for the benefit of our startup ecosystem. “This funding from the AFD for the I-DICE programme is a testament to France’s historical commitment to the growth of startups which is evidenced by its position as a leading startup destination in Europe”.
NDLEA Nabs Cocaine, Heroin Ingesting Businessmen Bound For Hong Kong, France

NDLEA operatives arrested one Chimamkpa Emenike (38) on October 20 and one Agbo Chidike (41) on October 21 at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, for ingesting hard drugs. Emenike was jetting out to France with his ingested heroin while Chidike was on his way to Hong Kong with cocaine in his belly when they were arrested. Director, Media and Advocacy at the NDLEA, Mr Femi Babafemi stated on Sunday in Abuja, that Emenike was arrested at the boarding gate of the airport while attempting to board an Air France flight to Paris. He added that Chidike was taken into custody on October 21 while attempting to board an Ethiopian Airlines flight to Hong Kong via Addis Ababa. “After days in custody, Emenike excreted 72 wraps of heroin weighing 1.171kg, while Chidike discharged 49 pellets of cocaine weighing 998.53gm. “In his statement, Chidike claimed he is a businessman dealing in spare parts at the Alaba International market in Ojo area of Lagos. “Chidike was to be paid N3.5 million which he intended to use to import goods from Hong Kong,’’ Babafemi stated. He added that NDLEA operatives intercepted a Qatar Airways passenger, Agbo Tochukwu, at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, on Wednesday, October 25 while on his way to Oman. The suspect had 58 parcels of skunk weighing 29.10kg on him while undergoing processes of boarding his flight. “In his statement, Tochukwu claimed he migrated to Oman on May 6 and had been working as hotel attendant there before venturing into drug trafficking,’’ Babafemi stated.