Labour Party Reacts As Kenneth Okonkwo Dumps Peter Obi

By Doris Isreal Ijeoma The Labour Party (LP), has reacted to the decision of veteran actor and lawyer, Kenneth Okonkwo, to dissociate himself from the leadership of Peter Obi. Labour Party in a statement on Sunday while condemning the attack on Obi, said they are not surprised by Okonkwo’s decision.  Okonkwo in announcing his decision on Sunday, said Obi lacks the capacity to rally the party and lead as expected. However, the party, in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Obiora Ifoh, said Okonkwo smuggled himself into the presidential campaign team of Obi during the 2023 elections, and they are not surprised by his decision. Ifoh added that Okonkwo is only seeking attention with his actions and Nigerians don’t need political jobbers like him. The LP statement further stated that the party is aware of the moles within its ranks who are sure to be exposed and fumigated. It also reaffirmed the Labour Party’s decision to stand with Peter Obi and present him as the party’s candidate for the 2027 elections. According to the statement, “If you recall, recently a former Director General of the party’s presidential campaign organisation resigned and rejoined the APC. Only last week, a former deputy Director General of the presidential campaign organisation also resigned and rejoined the APC. “Today, it is the turn of Mr. Okonkwo, a former member of APC, who smuggled himself into the presidential campaign, and his destination is already known to us. “Needless to say that Nigeria is not in want of political jesters and jobbers whose stomach are their gods. Labour Party is not perturbed by his decision to move on and in fact, we wish him well in his future endeavours, whether in acting, law practice, politics or otherwise. “We also wish to note here, that the party is aware of a few other persons who are planted as moles, who are presently instigating crisis within the party, and who have unsuccessfully attempted to hijack the party for the use of their paymasters. We urge them to act fast and do the needful before they are exposed and fumigated out of the party. “Labour Party is keeping to its decision to stand with Peter Obi as its leader and presidential hopefully come 2027 presidential election and we are not apologetical about that position. “Coordinated attacks from some quarters will not in anyway diminish the trust Nigerians, particularly, the Obidients and youths in Nigeria have in him. We know that with him, a new Nigeria will be possible. Nigerians spoke loudly in 2023 and they will speak even louder come 2027.”

Peter Obi’s Ally Dumps Labour Party For APC

By Doris Isreal Ijeoma A former National Deputy Campaign Manager for Obi/Datti in the 2023 presidential election, Isaac Balami has dumped the Labour Party (LP) and returned to his former party, the All Progressives Congress (APC). Balami announced his decision in a press conference in Abuja on Wednesday. Speaking on his reason for dumping the party, the Nigerian Aviation expert explained that President Bola Tinubu has shocked him in just one year in office with regard to the Muslim-Muslim ticket which Balami himself was against. He explained that he dumped the APC ahead of the last presidential elections because of the ticket. However, he has now seen that it actually means nothing. The former number three man of Peter Obi’s campaign organization said he had thought that Labour Party had all it takes to take over Nigeria and restructure it on the path of progress but regretted that the leadership crisis in the party and some obvious leadership incompetence had destroyed the party. According to him, ” Tinubu has so far empowered more Christian Northerners and other Muslim ethnic nationalities since Nigeria returned back to Democracy. There is nothing that trips me like equity and fairness,” “No president has ever worked with the middle belt like President Bola Tinubu. “That was not what I saw when I left. I now see a better party and a better government. I can see a Nigeria that in a few years will thrive and I think it is only important for us to work with APC in its effort to rescue this country. “Consequently, after consulting widely with leaders across Nigeria, the middle-belt caucus, my parents and my immediate family, it becomes expedient that I resign from the Labour Party. I will now return back to the APC. Balami said he was happy with the level of inclusiveness under the current administration. Speaking on LP crisis, the politician said, “There is every indication that Nigeria cannot be redeemed through the Labour Party. As I move with my entire structure back to my former party, I urge them to join me in working with the APC to redeem our dear country.” Recall that the Balami, while moving to the Labour Party a year ago, said he was sacrificing for the good of the country and thousands of Nigerian youths who believed in him.