Bauchi Governor Re-appoints Sacked Commissioners as Advisers  

Just two days after being sacked, Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed has re-appointed three former commissioners as special advisers in a reshuffled cabinet.   The appointments, which took effect immediately, were detailed in an official statement issued on Tuesday.  The changes appear aimed at utilizing the expertise of the former commissioners in new capacities to drive state development.   Among the appointees are Abdulhameed Bununu, who transitions from Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs to Special Adviser on Multilateral Coordination and Regional Integration.  Usman Danturaki, previously overseeing Information and Communication, will now focus on Labour Matters and the Contributory Pension Scheme.  Madugu Yalams, the former Agriculture Commissioner, assumes the role of Special Adviser on Technical and Vocational Education.   Governor Mohammed emphasized the need for the appointees to focus on delivering impactful results in their new roles, aiming to improve the lives of Bauchi residents.   Earlier in the day, the governor announced a cabinet reshuffle, which included the dismissal of five commissioners, citing the need to enhance governance and service delivery across the state.

You Can’t Set Bauchi On Fire, I Have Enough Water – Governor Bala Muhammad mocks Wike

Bauchi Guber: Tribunal Upholds Bala Mohammed's Election Victory

Bauchi Governor, Sen Bala Mohammed has declared that nobody can set Bauchi State on fire because he has gathered enough treated water to quench any form of fire. This remark comes in response to the recent threat by Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike to set opposition PDP states on fire. Bala Mohammed issued the response which was apparently directed at Wike when a delegation from the National Secretariat of the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) visited him at the Governor’s Office in Bauchi on Tuesday. The Governor said that the crisis rocking the party is not personal, stressing that nobody should misunderstand the party as it is still united. According to him, “If we have quarrel, it is not personal, nobody should misunderstand us, we are together. This is not a splinter group, this is just a delegation from the National Working Committee of the PDP. We are going to discuss some of the issues in the party” “This unsolicited visit by the National Working Committee shows that in Nigeria we have people of conscience and we are connected by the values that established the PDP by our founding fathers” Bala Mohammed also said, “Yes, none of the political parties are insulated from crisis here and there, but crisis is there and that why leadership is there.We have to take the bull by the horns to discuss and look at the constitution of our party.” “We must do things by the rule of law, we must respect people, we must put our interest aside, we must respect our diversities, we must bring and close rank, especially for party like the PDP that has a history,” he added. “We have a pedigree, most of the developments in the country were done by the PDP, since we left nothing has happened. As you can see all the members of the National Working Committee that are here are square heads in square holes” He then assured that as the Chairman of the PDP Governors Forum, he will continue to give effective and efficient leadership and meaningful opposition in the country.

NNPCL, marketers, others involved in fuel subsidy scam –Yuguda

NNPCL, marketers, others involved in fuel subsidy scam –Yuguda

*Says Buhari can’t claim ignorance of the whole issue Former Bauchi State Governor, Isa Yuguda has said that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Limited (NNPCL), petroleum markers and other are involved in the fuel subsidy scam the country has suffered in so many years. Yuguda, who blamed the lack of a political will on the part of former President Muhammadu Buhari’s, said Buhari had before becoming President in 2015 described subsidy as a scam yet he did nothing to end it. Yuguda, who said this on ChannelsTV on Monday in Abuja, insisted that the subsidy regime was a scam that was perpetuated by the Nigeria National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) in collaboration with marketers and other stakeholders. He said: “I am sad to let Nigerians know what I saw; we came across situations where subsidy was claimed on pipelines that never existed. “We were subsidizing West Africa, we were bringing in this fuel at an elevated cost and then half of it was exported out by the same group that is supposed to supply this fuel in Nigeria. Are the security doing their jobs, are other security agencies that are supposed to sanction those that are taking our fuel out of Nigeria doing their jobs? “Secondly, when I chaired that committee on subsidy that uncovered the scam, I told you that subsidy was being paid on pipelines that never pumped products. In fact, forms were just filled and subsidies are paid, and to whom are they paid? – to the marketers.    “Those that claim to pump the products and those that are in the subsidy scam, they just fill papers, invoices and they claim subsidy on it. They have no heart, these people, they are just heartless,” Yuguda said. Yuguda, who is the Chairman of the APC Forum, a professional think-tank, said that the subsidy racket “was a sophisticated gang up and those that should act are also part of it. President Buhari cannot claim ignorance of the whole issue,” he added.    Recently, after a visit to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, ex-militant leader, Asari Dokubo had said:  “I also want to say that oil theft is encouraged by the military. The Army and the Navy intimidate the (Nigeria Security and) Civil Defence (Corps) who are by status the people who are supposed to guard these pipelines. They receive a lot of money from NNPCL and the IOCs and just across the corner, you will see a houseboat. “We have seen that situation. You have a situation that is completely different. The government thought they could run the economy through borrowing. This is the time as a matter of necessity. “If Mr President can have the will to go after all those government officials that were responsible for hemorrhaging the economy, 70-80 per cent of what they have taken out of Nigeria should be brought back into Nigeria. Would he continue printing money like the way that they’ve been doing through Ways and Means. “Government cannot continue to borrow from the CBN to fund activities, it’s not possible. There is a limit to which you can borrow,” he explained.