Bauchi Governor Appoints New SSG, Private Secretary

Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, has announced the appointment of Alh. Aminu Hammayo as the new Secretary to the State Government (SSG). Hammayo takes over from Ibrahim Kashim, who resigned on December 13. The new appointee, a seasoned public servant, previously served as SSG and more recently held the role of Commissioner for Budget and Multi-Lateral Coordination. READ ALSO: Borno Deputy Governor Engine Fire Disaster on Max Air flight Additionally, Governor Mohammed appointed Hashimu Kumbala as his Principal Private Secretary. Kumbala, a retired permanent secretary and former Special Adviser to the governor on General Services, will support the governor with administrative duties and facilitate communication within the state government. These appointments are part of the governor’s efforts to strengthen his administration’s governance structure.
PDP Chairman Lifts Suspensions, Calls for Party Unity

The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Governor of Bauchi State, Bala Mohammed, has lifted all recent suspensions of party members, signaling a move towards greater unity within the party. This decision comes after a meeting of the PDP Governors Forum held early Tuesday, where key issues affecting the party were discussed. In addressing the gathered governors, Mohammed acknowledged the presence of disputes among members but asserted that such challenges can be resolved through dialogue. The governors agreed to revert to previous arrangements, urging all factions within the party to set aside differences and work collaboratively for a stronger PDP moving forward. ReplyForwardAdd reaction
You Can’t Set Bauchi On Fire, I Have Enough Water – Governor Bala Muhammad mocks Wike

Bauchi Governor, Sen Bala Mohammed has declared that nobody can set Bauchi State on fire because he has gathered enough treated water to quench any form of fire. This remark comes in response to the recent threat by Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike to set opposition PDP states on fire. Bala Mohammed issued the response which was apparently directed at Wike when a delegation from the National Secretariat of the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) visited him at the Governor’s Office in Bauchi on Tuesday. The Governor said that the crisis rocking the party is not personal, stressing that nobody should misunderstand the party as it is still united. According to him, “If we have quarrel, it is not personal, nobody should misunderstand us, we are together. This is not a splinter group, this is just a delegation from the National Working Committee of the PDP. We are going to discuss some of the issues in the party” “This unsolicited visit by the National Working Committee shows that in Nigeria we have people of conscience and we are connected by the values that established the PDP by our founding fathers” Bala Mohammed also said, “Yes, none of the political parties are insulated from crisis here and there, but crisis is there and that why leadership is there.We have to take the bull by the horns to discuss and look at the constitution of our party.” “We must do things by the rule of law, we must respect people, we must put our interest aside, we must respect our diversities, we must bring and close rank, especially for party like the PDP that has a history,” he added. “We have a pedigree, most of the developments in the country were done by the PDP, since we left nothing has happened. As you can see all the members of the National Working Committee that are here are square heads in square holes” He then assured that as the Chairman of the PDP Governors Forum, he will continue to give effective and efficient leadership and meaningful opposition in the country.
Bauchi Governor Reacts To Ningi’s Suspension

Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State has declared that the state government is behind Senator Abdul Ningi, the lawmaker who was handed a three-month suspension after his comment on N3.7 trillion not being traceable in the 2024 budget. Ningi, representing Bauchi Central senatorial district at the upper chamber of the National Assembly, was suspended by the Senate, on Tuesday. The Senator had subsequently resigned as Chairman of the Northern Senators Forum (NSF). On the floor of the Senate, Chairman Senate Committee on Appropriation, Senator Olamilekan Adeola (APC, Ogun West), had said the Red Chamber had inaugurated a template for the speedy consideration and passage of the 2024 Money Bill as he initiated the motion on breach of privilege by the Bauchi senator. Senator Adeola had come under orders 9, 10, 41, and 51 to move a motion of privilege and issue of national importance against Ningi over his interview with the BBC Hausa. Following Adeola’s motion on breach of privilege, a member of the Appropriation Committee in the Senate, Jimoh Ibrahim, first moved the motion for Ningi’s suspension for 12 months over allegations of criminal misinformation and breach of peace in the National Assembly. But, some of the senators moved for the amendment of the suspension for three months for the embattled federal lawmaker, which the senate ratified. Speaking during the State Executive Council meeting at the Government House, Bauchi, on Wednesday, Mohammed said, “yesterday I was very sad the Senate suspended one of our best from Bauchi for saying the truth, for standing up to be the beacon of the truth.” Mohammed, who is also the chairman PDP Governors’ Forum, said, “Equally I don’t know what we will do but we will discuss privately to see what we can do to support him because I support whatever he is doing and that is our best position especially if what he saying is the truth”.
Remi Tinubu Finally Breaks Silence After Islamic Cleric Called For Her Death

Mrs Oluremi Tinubu, the wife of President Bola Tinubu, has reacted to a recent threat by an Islamic cleric in Bauchi purportedly wishing her dead. A viral video surfaced a few weeks ago where the Islamic Cleric declared that Nigeria’s First Lady, Oluremi Tinubu, deserved to die for her Christian faith while describing the Muslim/Muslim ticket that brought President Bola Tinubu to power as a scam. However, the First Lady, undeterred by the threat, said after reaching 64 years of age, she shouldn’t be afraid of death. She spoke during a courtesy visit to the Emir of Bauchi, Alhaji Rilwan Adamu before commissioning some projects in the State. She said: “I want to thank His Excellency (Bauchi Governor), he keeps assuring me that I am safe in Bauchi but I want to say that I am too old to be afraid. If God has granted me over 60 years on earth, I shouldn’t be afraid of death. “I thank God that you encouraged me to come. Nigeria belongs to all of us and this is the time for us to unite more than ever before.” Responding, Bauchi Governor, Bala Mohammed, condemned the recent death threats made against the First Lady, labelling it a “national embarrassment.” Addressing the incident, Mohammed expressed his dismay, describing the threat as unacceptable. He assured Mrs. Tinubu of her safety in the state and pledged to take appropriate action against the cleric responsible for the threat. Mohammed said: “Your Excellency, you have distinguished yourself not only as a distinguished Senator but as a politician who has opened the new frontier of politics and politicking. Your renewed hope is being given as hope because you have set aside all the differences of politics and partisanship. “And of course, I am aware of some of the challenges and threats to your life and person by somebody from this State. I was so disappointed and frustrated, but you made my day as a courageous mother, you decided to come to Bauchi. “Your Royal Highness, this distinguished lady has shown that Nigeria is really working and that Nigeria is one and nobody can play politics with our lives. We are very grateful, your life is more important to us than our own lives, nothing will happen to you. “ “And that renegade, we will deal with him and Allah deal with him, by the grace of God. On behalf of their Royal Highnesses and the people of Bauchi, we apologize for that national embarrassment, it will not happen again.”
Subsidy: Bala Mohammed Distributes Rice To Citizens

The Bauchi State Government, on Saturday, commenced the distribution of 88,889 25kg bags of rice to the citizenry as post-subsidy removal palliative. The State Government said on September 4 that it had released N2 billion for the purchase of the commodity for distribution to different groups in society. In a speech at the launch of the distribution in Bauchi, Governor Bala Mohammed, said that the civil servants, through the Office of the Head of Service, would get 5000 bags. He also said that 2000 bags would be distributed to the vulnerable groups present at the launch. “Critical stakeholders, which include the traditional institution, religious groups, security and quasi-security will get about 11,000 bags. “At the local government level, civil servants through the union will get 5000 bags,” the governor said. He also said that every polling unit would get 12 bags, amounting to about 65,000 bags in all. The governor further said that N10,000 would be distributed to 3,484 orphans and vulnerable children, 11,000 women, especiallywidows, people living with disabilities, the poor and aged, totalling about N300 million. Mohammed thanked President Bola Tinubu for his timely response to the yearnings of the people. According to him, by this response, the president has demonstrated that he is a listening leader and that the subsidy removal was not meant to punish anybody but a necessary exercise of leadership and responsibility. “I must also warn that the government will not hesitate to deal with anybody at any stage of the implementation process that becomes a cog in the wheel of progress in our efforts to bring succour to the people across board,” Mohammed said. Earlier, the Emir of Bauchi, Alh. Rilwanu Adamu, described the distribution of palliative to the people at this trying time as a demonstration of compassion and solidarity that deserved appreciation. Adamu, who is also the Chairman of the Palliative Distribution Committee, said that for making the palliative available, the governor had addressed the immediate needs of the citizens. He said that the gesture also demonstrated his empathy and care for the well-being of the people. “We are deeply grateful for your leadership and tireless efforts in mitigating the hardship faced by our people,” the emir said.