Police release prankster, Zfancy on bail

The Nigeria Police Force has confirmed the release of a skit maker and prankster, Zion Ubani, better known as Zfancy. Recall that the NPF-National Cybercrime Centre had on Thursday, July 4, arrested Zfancy in Abuja over prank videos accusing him of heinous crimes, including rape. However, the Force Public Relations Officer, FPRO, ACP Olumuyiwa Adejobi in an update on Wednesday, said the skit maker was released on bail. In a statement, Adejobi said the young man was released to the executives of the Practitioners of Content Creation, Skit-Making and Influencers Guild of Nigeria, PCCSIGN. According to him, the delegation was led to the Force Headquarters by Tokoni Peter Igoin, Special Assistant to the President on ICT Development and Digital Innovation. “The videos were later found to be scripted. “He has been warned to avoid pranks that could cause public unrest. “While encouraging positive creativity amongst the youthful populace, the NPF urges content creators to responsibly use social media and avoid spreading misinformation that may incite public disorder,” Adejobi said.

₦19.4 Billion Fraud: Court Grants Sirika, Brother N200 Million Bail

Justice Suleiman Belgore of the Federal Capital Territory High Court on Thursday granted bail to the former Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, and his brother, Ahmad Abubakar Sirika. The bail was set at ₦100 million each, with stringent conditions attached, reflecting the seriousness of the charges against them. Both defendants are required to provide two sureties, one of whom must own a landed property within the Federal Capital Territory, valued at a similar sum. In addition to the financial conditions, the court has restricted their travel, stipulating that the Sirika brothers cannot leave Nigeria without prior permission from the court. This decision comes after careful consideration of the bail application, with Justice Belgore stating he found no reason to deviate from the bail conditions previously granted by Justice Sylvanus Oriji of the same court. Ruling on the motion on notice for the 1st defendant, Hadi Sirika, the court held that “The prosecution filed no counter affidavit. He is already on administrative bail, he met all the bail applications, he continues to abide by the bail conditions, he has never been convicted of any criminal offence in Nigeria, he is a recipient of National honours, he has an aged mother he is catering for an investigation in the case has been completed. “It is my resolution that this applicant deserves to be admitted to bail and I so do.” Concerning Sirika’s brother, ruling on the motion on notice, brought pursuant to Sections 158, 156 and 135 of ACJA, where he requested a sole relief (bail). The trial judge granted him bail in the same terms and conditions as the 1st defendant (Sirika). The Sirika brothers, and the company, Enginos Nigeria Limited, are facing a ten-count amended charge bordering on contract fraud to the tune of ₦19.4 billion.

Abba Kyari Granted Bail After 27 Months In Prison 

Abba Kyari has been granted bail following 27 months of being held in detention. An Abuja Federal High Court has approved a two-week bail for DCP Abba Kyari, the former commander of the Force Intelligence Response Team, following his 27-month detention. Kyari is anticipated to complete the funeral ceremonies for his late mother, Yachilla Kyari. The court has scheduled Friday, May 31st, as the date to decide on his bail application in the ongoing trial involving drug-related charges brought forth by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency. This legal matter stems from his arrest over two years ago on February 14, 2022. The mother passed away on the morning of Sunday, May 5, 2024. She is survived by 10 children, consisting of five boys and five girls. Among them is Abba, who is the eldest son.

BREAKING: Court Grants Ex-Minister Agunloye N50m Bail

Justice Jude Onwuegbuzie of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) High Court Apo, on Thursday, granted bail to ex-Minister of Power and Steel, Olu Agunloye, in the sum of N50 million. Agunloye was arraigned on seven counts bordering on fraudulent award of a contract and official corruption, on Wednesday. The judge had ordered his remand in Kuje Correctional Centre pending hearing and ruling on the bail application. Moving the application, the Counsel for the former minister, Adeola Adedipe, prayed the court to grant bail to his client by way of self-recognisance or in liberal terms. He said Argunloye is not a flight risk and that the notion canvassed by the prosecution was “born out of misconception and communication barrier”. Adedipe also appealed to the court not to order the use of a public servant as surety for his client. The senior lawyer also argued that the apprehensive misconception about bail and the mischief argued by the prosecution has been cured by Section 352( 4) of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA). Under this provision, Adeola said, “Once a defendant is admitted to bail, even if he absconds, the trial will continue and he will be convicted where necessary.” However, the prosecution counsel opposed the bail application. Delivering the ruling, Justice Onwuegbuzie said the pendulum of the court swings in favour of granting bail to the defendant. He granted N50 million bail to the defendant and ordered him to produce two sureties in like sum. The sureties must be “reputable” and “people of means” resident within the FCT. They must have properties worth N300 million with a Certificate of Occupancy that must be verifiable. They must submit copies of their identity card and photocopies of their international passports to the court. The defendant is to submit his passport to the court and must be present for hearing at all times. The matter has been adjourned to February 12. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is investigating Agunloye over the $6 billion Mambilla Hydropower Contract.