Atiku gives out daughter in marriage

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar on Friday married his daughter, Laila Atiku to Saleh Maitala at a ceremony held at the National Mosque in Abuja. The union was a culmination of a traditional process that began last year when Atiku hosted the groom’s family as they formally requested Laila’s hand in marriage. Sharing the news on X.com on Friday, Atiku wrote, “The joy of giving away a daughter in marriage supported by family and friends is priceless. “I wish Laila and her husband, Saleh Maitala, a blessed marriage. My gratitude also goes to all the dignitaries, associates, and friends who honoured my family with their presence at the wedding Fatiha in Abuja today.”

Wedding bells may soon toll at the home of Atiku

Wedding bells may soon toll at the home of the former Vice President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar, as a distinguished delegation visited his Asokoro, ,Abuja home on Tuesday.   The visit was led by former Kaduna State Governor, Nasiru El-Rufai, along with the family of Kashim Imam, who came to formally seek the hand of Atiku’s daughter, Hafsat Atiku Abubakar, in marriage.   The event saw the presence of notable figures, including National Security Adviser Nuhu Ribadu, former Jigawa State Governor Sule Lamido, and former Sokoto State Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, among others.   The gathering highlighted the respect and regard in which Atiku Abubakar is held, marking the occasion as a significant event in the political and social circles of Nigeria.   Atiku Abubakar is married to four wives, including Titi Atiku Abubakar, Jennifer Atiku Abubakar, and Fatimah Atiku Abubakar.   He has twenty-eight children, including Mariya, Aminu, Fatimah, Adamu, Hafsat, Mohammed, Aisha, Yusuf, Aliyu, Asmau, Zainab amongst others.  

Shehu Sani Speaks On El-Rufai Working With Atiku In 2027

The former lawmaker representing Kaduna Central senatorial district, Shehu Sani, in a recent interview, spoke on ex-vice president, Atiku Abubakar working with ex-governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai in the 2027 presidential election. Sani, in an interview with Sunday Sun, said he does not know if the duo will work together, but he is sure there will be a realignment of forces. He claimed that the North would play a card that would bring northerners together and also work on getting an alliance with a section of the country. Speaking on the possibilities of the 2027 presidential election, Sani said, “Well, I don’t know whether they are working together or not, but I know that there will be a lot of realignment of forces and the ace, the card that will be played by the North is that of bringing all northerners together and then, getting an alliance with a section of the country other than the Southwest and then, see how that can garner votes to remove Tinubu out of power because in the equation of the North, out of the eight million votes which Tinubu has gotten, five million comes from Northern Nigeria. “So, they want to see how they can pull off these votes from him and there are a lot of issues which they are going to put forward in the build-up to the 2027 campaign. “And they are going to use so many issues like the shifting of the CBN offices to Lagos; like the issues of appointments of many people from the South-western part of Nigeria; like the issue of insecurity which has not been solved in Northern part of Nigeria; these are all fundamental issues which they are going to take very seriously.”

Atiku Departs Nigeria 

The 2023 presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, departed Abuja for Europe on Wednesday. The former Vice President has faced significant criticism for often leaving Nigeria soon after each election. In contrast to the post-2015 and 2019 elections, Atiku stayed in the country for several months following the 2023 election. During this time, he engaged in party activities and consultations that many believe are in preparation for the 2027 elections. Atiku’s Media Adviser, Paul Ibe, stated on Wednesday that the former Vice President had gone on a brief foreign business trip accompanied by family members, friends, and associates. The statement read in part, “Nigeria’s leading opposition figure and former presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, has embarked on a business trip to Europe. “The former Vice President departed from the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja at 11 AM on Wednesday, the 26th of June, 2024, for his first port of call. “He was accompanied to the airport by family members, friends, and associates. “This morning, His Excellency Atiku Abubakar proceeded on a short foreign business trip. He will be back in the country soon.

“I hope all is well with him” – Atiku sympathizes with Tinubu over slip 

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has sympathised with President Bola Tinubu after the President slipped at the Eagle Square during the 2024 Democracy Day celebration. Recall on Wednesday, Tinubu slipped at the Eagle Square while boarding the parade vehicle. The President, however, quickly regained his balance and continued with the proceedings without further issues. Reacting, Atiku expressed his empathy over the incident, hoping that all is well with the President. He wrote on X, “I sincerely sympathise with President Bola Tinubu, @officialABAT, over this unfortunate incident as he was set to review the parade on Democracy Day. I do hope that all is well with him. -AA.”

2027: PDP Speaks On Peter Obi, Atiku Alliance 

PDP LOGO

The Peoples Democratic Party has revealed that it is not engaged in any merger, fusion or amalgamation talks with any other political party or interest. Recall that 2023 Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi visited some PDP bigwigs including Atiku Abubakar in Abuja. The visit had sparked rumours of a proposed merger ahead of the 2027 election. But during its 587th meeting in Abuja on Tuesday, the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party said the party is open and welcoming to all Nigerians including our former members who left for other parties. Debo Ologunagba National Publicity Secretary of the party in a statement said: “Our Party remains strong and formidable, capable of winning elections in a free,fair and transparent electoral process in our country. “The NWC acknowledges the influx of millions of Nigerians into our Party in the on-going Party Membership Drive in all the Electoral Wards across the country; which further confirms that the PDP remains the Party of choice for majority of Nigerians.  “The public, teeming members of our great Party, Democracy Institutions and of course the International Community should therefore disregard any report suggesting any form of merger between the PDP and any other political Party as such is not in the contemplation of our great Party”.

Deji Adeyanju Reveals Why Peter Obi, Atiku, Tinubu Should Be Jailed

Human rights activist Deji Adeyanju has called for the imprisonment of President Bola Tinubu, PDP’s Atiku Abubakar, and Labour Party’s Peter Obi. He cited their alleged failure and contribution to the nation’s hardships. Addressing a protest in Abuja, Adeyanju expressed concern over the depreciation of the naira compared to other West African currencies.  He criticized the choices made by Nigerians in the last election, accusing politicians of corruption and emphasizing the need for accountability. Adeyanju warned of a Zimbabwean-like trajectory for Nigeria and asserted that all the presidential candidates should be in jail for the betterment of the nation. He said “We have warned Nigerians severally but it seems they have a covenant with oppression and suffering. I can’t imagine a situation where people had several credible alternatives during the last election but Nigerians said they wanted to swim and die with corruption. “Look at the Labour Party, people were jumping all over the place for that they are the saviour, look at the kind of worms we are witnessing, they can’t even account for their campaign funds. “The Abure looter has just been alleged of stealing N3.5 billion from the campaign funds by the party’s treasurer. We are talking about money generated from just sales of forms, not those in their naira account and those generated during the last election. “Peter Obi has refused to come clean, you can’t fight corruption with corruption. We warned Nigerians of the Emi Lokans of this world that he just came to have fun and loot. When he said it was his turn, Nigerians didn’t ask him, turn to do what? To loot? A man who said he would continue where Buhari stopped, what were you expecting? “Nigeria is heading the Zimbabwean way, is it not shocking that the West African CFAs are stronger than the naira? Things are going to get worse “There is none of them that ran that election whether Atiku, Tinubu or Obi that should not be in jail if we are to run a smooth country.”

Atiku Disowns Aide Daniel Bwala, Clarifies Relationship 

Former Vice President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar, has clarified the relationship between himself and a lawyer cum politician, Daniel Bwala. According to Atiku, in a statement released on Tuesday by his media office, Bwala is a former spokesperson of the Atiku/Okowa Presidential Campaign Organisation and not his former aide. The statement noted that “it is important that the media and the general public take corrective note of defining Mr. Daniel Bwala as an aide to His Excellency Atiku Abubakar.” It added that Bwala served as a spokesperson to the Atiku/Okowa Presidential Campaign Organization in the 2023 election, and after the election, the need for a campaign spokesperson was terminated, and Bwala has also moved on. The 2023 Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, therefore, urged the public/media to stop defining Bwala as an ex-aide of Atiku Abubakar, but recognize him by his current vocation and alliance. “Bwala offered his services and support to the Atiku/Okowa Presidential Campaign Organization as a spokesperson – and it was a position he held during the last presidential campaign. “Subsequently, and after the election, the need for a campaign spokesperson has terminated, and Bwala has moved on with his career. “This, therefore, serves as notice to the media and the interested public to desist from defining Bwala as an ex-aide of Atiku Abubakar. “We duly urge the public to henceforth recognize, introduce, and define Daniel Bwala by his current vocation and alliance,” the statement noted. The clarification by Atiku comes amidst the recent fraternization and declaration of support by Bwala for the administration of President Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

‘Your Accusation Is Baseless And Reckless’ – Tinubu Replies Atiku

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has berated former Vice President Atiku Abubakar over his accusation of fiddling amidst the security and economic challenges facing the nation. Atiku had, in a post via his official X handle on Tuesday, called on President Tinubu to step aside if he knows the responsibilities of being Nigeria’s President are bigger than his capacity. The former vice president, who faulted Tinubu for embarking on a private trip to France in the wake of the incessant kidnapping currently ravaging the nation, said that Nigeria does not need another tourist-in-chief. But in a statement on Tuesday night, the Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, said the accusation made by Atiku is baseless and reckless. Onanuga stated that the latest statement made by the former vice president fell short of what is expected from an elder statesman after should stop playing politics with the insecurity facing the nation. He said President Tinubu informed Nigerians of his private visit to France, and while in Europe, the President has been following developments at home, and he is on top of the situation in the country. Onanuga said the President is in constant touch with his officials and security chiefs and has directed them to stamp out every form of criminality in the country. The presidential aide asserted that Atiku is still suffering from his electoral defeat and latches on any issue to attack President Tinubu. The statement reads: “Alhaji Atiku Abubakar’s statement accusing President Bola Ahmed Tinubu of fiddling amidst some security and economic challenges is, to say the least, reckless. “Coming days after he made an equally reckless allegation against the President on the crude for a loan deal for NNPC Limited, his latest statement fell short of what is expected from an elder statesman. “We like to believe that Alhaji Atiku is still not nursing the hangover of his electoral defeat and now latches on any issue to attack President Tinubu. “President Tinubu did not travel without informing Nigerians of his whereabouts. He announced a private visit to France and announced a return date. “While in France, President Tinubu has been following developments at home, and he is on top of the situation in the country. Today’s inauguration of the Tripartite Committee on National Minimum Wage bore his imprimatur. “He is in constant touch with his officials and security chiefs and has directed them to stamp out every form of criminality in the country. “He has particularly ordered them to apprehend those criminals responsible for the murder of two monarchs in Ekiti State and the kidnapping of some pupils in the state. “We are already seeing results with the arrest of over 139 kidnappers around Abuja, Kaduna and Benue States in the last one week. The police Special Intervention Squad (SIS) and DSS have also rescued 154 abducted persons in the last few days. “Just last week President Tinubu approved N50billion as Special Fund to address some of the lingering security challenges in North East where Alhaji Atiku hails from. To cope with the kidnapping challenges in the FCT, President Tinubu also approved funds for the acquisition of equipment to track criminals. “If Alhaji Atiku is really concerned about security issues and not playing cheap politics, he should have known that President Tinubu is on top of issues and working hard to restore peace to every part of our country. “Our security agencies are working very hard to bring the security situation under control. President Tinubu is giving them all the necessary support they need to win the battle against criminal elements and secure every inch of our country.”

Ibadan Explosion: Atiku Reacts As Seyi Makinde Accuses Him Of Not Calling 

Former Vice President and 2023 Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has revealed that he commiserated with victims, people, and the Government of Oyo State following the Ibadan explosion.  Atiku stated this in reply to a statement by Governor Seyi Makinde, who claimed that the former vice president failed to call him over the unfortunate incident. Recall that Makinde had berated Atiku over his failure to show concern regarding the explosion in Ibadan. Makinde stated this on Monday when he received the 2023 presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, at his office in Ibadan. The governor said the former vice president has neither called nor sent a condolence message to commiserate with him and the people of his state over the explosion. He stated that President Bola Tinubu, who is a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC), had called him over the incident, but Atiku, a member of the same political party as him, had not reached out to him. Reacting in a statement on Monday, Atiku’s Media Adviser, Paul Ibe, stated that the former Vice President released a statement to commiserate with victims and the people of Oyo State. According to him, Makinde has been too busy to take track of media reports on the incident. The statement reads: “With due respect to Governor Seyi Makinde, we wish to correct his expression about the response of His Excellency Atiku Abubakar to the recent explosion in the city of Ibadan. “Atiku Abubakar made a condolence message about the Ibadan explosion, less than 24 hours of its occurrence, where he shared his commiseration and empathy with the good people and government of Oyo State over the incident. “Perhaps the Governor has been too busy to take track of media reports on the incident. But we wish to put on record that on the 17th of January, His Excellency Atiku Abubakar did make a widely available message on the Ibadan incident, which reads as follows: “‘I wish to express my condolences to the good people and government of Oyo State over the explosion that rocked the capital city of Ibadan late yesterday night. “‘While the government continues to provide humanitarian support to victims of the explosion, I commiserate with the families of those who might have lost their lives and property to the explosion. -AA’”