Bandits storm Buhari’s home state, kill several villagers

The Katsina police command has confirmed that bandits attacked three villages in Bakori Local Government Area, resulting in the deaths of 11 people. Police spokesman Abubakar Sadiq-Aliyu announced this in a statement on Sunday. “We are aware of a misleading report making the rounds, especially on Facebook, that bandits attacked three villages in Bakori and killed 40 people. The command wishes to categorically debunk this claim as misleading and set the record straight,” the police statement said. It added, “On May 25, 2024, bandits launched an attack on Unguwar Lamido village in Bakori where they shot and killed 11 people. The Divisional Police Officer in Bakori, on receiving the information, quickly mobilised operatives and rushed to the scene where they successfully restored normalcy and prevented further losses.” The command urged the public to disregard the false report, warned against circulating unverified news, and advised them to always verify information through official channels before sharing, as the spread of false information could cause panic, fear, and unnecessary tension. “The commissioner has also ordered a thorough investigation into the incident and deployed additional personnel to ensure the arrest of the perpetrators. The commissioner has also urged anyone with useful information that will assist the investigation to come forward and assist in bringing the perpetrators to justice. “The investigation is ongoing; the command is working closely with relevant stakeholders and members of the community to identify and apprehend those responsible for the attack,” the police command said.
Three killed, dozens kidnapped as bandits invade Zamfara Emir’s palace

Armed bandits raided the palace of the Emir of Zurmi, Alhaji Bello Muhammad Bunu, resulting in three fatalities and the abduction of several residents. The attack, occurred around 10 pm on Wednesday, also targeted the the residence of former Military Administrator Colonel Bala Muhammad Mande (rtd). According to witnesses, the bandits attempted to gain entry into the palace by firing at the entrance gate. Fortunately, the gate was locked, preventing their access. However, they proceeded to vandalize nearby structures, including a GSM mast, and set fire to two generators. Sources revealed that the emir had been the primary target of the attack, as he had narrowly escaped a previous abduction attempt. Following the incident, he was quietly relocated to the state capital for safety. In their failed attempt to breach the palace, the bandits turned their attention to the former military administrator’s residence, firing shots that damaged the property. During their retreat from the town, they inflicted casualties, killing three individuals and abducting several others. A resident of the town who pleaded anonymity told Daily Trust: “We don’t know the number of people abducted because when the bandits started the shooting, residents ran into the bush for safety. “No one dared stay back when the bandits were firing shots. The magnitude of the gunshots was scary. Hence, we all ran into the bush for our dear lives. “We are calling on the government to provide enough soldiers to the town because the bandits may return again since they know the emir is in town. “All they want is to abduct the emir, and we don’t know why they want to kidnap him.” While the Commissioner of Police in Zamfara confirmed the attack and the abduction of one palace staff member, there are reports of additional abductions, including the Sarkin Gida of Zurmi Emirate and a local tea seller.
Again, Rampaging Armed Bandits Kill 3, Abduct Others In Benue

Once again, a group of armed assailants, suspected to be Fulani herdsmen, has carried out a violent attack in Benue State, resulting in the tragic loss of three lives and the abduction of several others. The incident occurred as innocent victims were en route from Makurdi, the capital of Benue State, to Otukpo, the headquarters of Benue Zone C senatorial district. The attack took place in Tyolaha, a village situated within the Gwer West Local Government Area of Benue State. According to Agbo Daniel Adakole, a youth leader who provided insight into the incident to NIGERIAN ANCHOR, the attackers were heavily armed and indiscriminately fired their weapons, resulting in the loss of three lives and numerous injuries. Additionally, there are reports of individuals still missing. Adakole further disclosed that the perpetrators of this heinous act were armed Fulani herders. The victims primarily consisted of local residents who were traveling on the Benue Links Bus service along the Makurdi-Naka-Otukpo route. At the time of filing this report, it remains unconfirmed whether the incident has been reported to the Benue State command of the Nigerian Police or if any law enforcement agencies have been alerted for assistance. These armed bandits have been a persistent threat, targeting and harming both farmers and travelers in the border areas between the Idoma and Tiv-speaking regions of Benue State. Notably, just two weeks ago, on October 2nd, a gruesome armed attack occurred in the village of Agagbe, close to Tse-Awuna in Gwer LGA, resulting in the loss of three lives.