Miyetti Allah Mocks Wike Over Plan To Ban Open Grazing In Abuja

In response to the threat made by the Minister of FCT, Nyesom Wike, to ban the movement of cows within the Nigerian capital, Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore has issued a statement dismissing the minister’s warning as inconsequential. Saleh Alhassan Kubah, the National Secretary of the organization, expressed skepticism regarding the feasibility of such a ban. Kubah stated, “Where is the grazing land in Abuja? Is it inside the building they will graze? The thing is, Wike is not consequential. We have seen Ortom come and go.” He further highlighted that many of the cattle in Abuja belong to the elite and suggested that Minister Wike should find a way to accommodate them. He also called for the development of the city, addressing the needs of neglected indigenous people, and focusing on rural areas and satellite towns. Kubah concluded by saying, “No matter how it is, he will leave very soon. We can’t engage him. He can’t get new information from us. He’s an attention seeker. Is there any grazing land around the Villa?”
Subsidy: Rice millers commend Tinubu’s plans for farmers

The Abakaliki Rice Millers Association in Ebonyi has hailed the Federal Government’s plans to boost farm produce in an effort to cushion the effect of the removal of fuel subsidy. President Bola Tinubu, on Monday in a nationwide broadcast, assured Nigerians of adequate food sufficiency and security. According to Tinubu, the government will ensure staple foods are available and affordable. “To this end, I have ordered the release of 200,000 metric tonnes of grains from strategic reserves to households across the 36 states and FCT to moderate prices. “We are also providing 225,000 metric tonnes of fertiliser, seedlings and other inputs to farmers who are committed to our food security agenda,” Tinubu added. Reacting to the development on Tuesday, Mr Linus Nkwuda, Chairman of the millers association said that President Tinubu’s plans to boost agriculture was a welcome development. Nkwuda, however, decried the way inputs and seedlings meant for farmers had been diverted in the past. He appealed to the federal government to distribute such items directly to the farmers. “The items; fertilizer and seedlings as listed by the President during the broadcast, are very important to all farmers. We are happy. “We need those items to succeed. Loans are also important. We commend the President and urge him not to involve political farmers during implementation,” he said. Mr Kenneth Chigozie, Secretary of Rice Farmers Association of Nigeria (RIFAN), Abakaliki branch, also urged the president to work directly with the farmers at the hinterland in the efforts to ensure food security. Chigozie noted that working directly with farmers would ensure transparency in the distribution of farm inputs meant for its members. Chigozie, however, expressed worry about how the farmers had suffered since the removal of fuel subsidy, adding that members were faced with challenges associated with the high cost of production. He described the cost of inputs, such as seedlings, herbicides, pesticides and fertiliser as well as hiring of labourers, as worrisome. “We are happy, President Tinubu is remembering us, the farmers. His promises to us during the nationwide broadcast are a welcome development. “Our prayer is that, let those items and monies attached come to us directly,” Chigozie added.