Ban Activities Of Eze-Igbo Group In Abuja, Ohanaeze Urges Wike

Ban Activities Of Eze-Igbo Group In Abuja, Ohanaeze Urges Wike

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has been called upon to ban the activities of Eze-Igbos in Abuja The President of Ohaneze, FCT Chapter, Barrister Ifeanyichukwu Nweze, said anyone who wants to become Eze-Igbo should return to the South-East.  He said the FCT is not Igboland and therefore, cannot have Eze-Igbo. Barrister Nweze said: “Following the sack of Uche Isaac Egenti, Ibe Nwosu, and others by the General Assembly of Ohanaeze Nd‘Iigbo FCT Abuja Chapter for causing crises in the FCT, and subsequent communication of the same to the Honourable Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, we wish to say that Uche Isaac Egenti and his cohorts employed one FCK Obike (one of the erstwhile members of the Executive Committee ostracized with them) to author a phantom impeachment against our president.  “The Ohanaeze Nd’Igbo FCT Abuja Chapter’s General Assembly through the Executive Committee reiterates that Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, is not Igboland; therefore, there are no Eze-Igbos in the Federal Capital Territory. People seeking to be Eze/Kings should go back to their home states in the South East and follow the guiding laws in respect of Chieftaincy – Nd‘lgbo cannot build kingdoms within the traditional leaderships of their host communities thereby creating confusion, unwarranted rivalry, and crises in the FCT.  “Henry Ugbaja, Hilary Ukpabi, FCK Obike, and Promise thezie, who are unknown to their respective Presidents General of Abia State and Imo State communities in FCT Abuja, and were ostracized with Uche Isaac Egenti; they cannot speak for Ohanaeze.” He called, on the unsuspecting members of the public to beware of their activities and added that Ohanaeze Nd‘Igbo FCT Abuja Chapter is a responsible organization that will not under this regime seek for funds from the general public.  He said those parading themselves as Eze- Igbo gathered Igbo people, especially the unemployed or under-employed for which they approach authorities for patronage; from which they receive monies and other benefits for either their personal use or for use to further enslave the unsuspecting vulnerable people.  “They have leutenants whom they also address as Ezes; some of whom are not employed at all and/or are not even known at all by members of their extended families not to talk of their communities in the South East – they have employed this purporting traditional Leadership of Nd’Igbo for fraud and deceit to the detriment of the FCT society at large.  “Sir, those who want to have kingdoms should go home to the South East and become Ezes/Kings if they can; and should stop causing confusion in the city. The Federal Capital Territory is not Igbo villages; and kingdoms do not exist within other kingdoms,” he said. 

Boat Mishap: Gov Otu indefinitely suspends activities at Marina Resort

Boat Mishap: Gov Otu orders indefinite suspension of activities at Marina Resort

Cross River State Governor, Bassey Otu in further response to the cruise boat mishap involving 14 medical students at the Marina Resort on Saturday, has ordered the suspension of cruise operations and other activities at the resort. The order was given in a statement signed by Mr Emmanuel Ogbeche, Chief Press Secretary to the governor on Monday. The accident occurred on Saturday at about 3pm when it was ferrying 14 medical students from different tertiary institutions in the nation. The governor had earlier ordered an investigation into the incident in which  11 of the 14 students who were in Calabar for their Annual Health Week were rescued and three feared dead. ”All cruise operations and other activities at the Marina Resort is hereby suspended immediately until further notice. “Operators of cruise boats and management of the state’s Tourism Bureau are directed to attend a meeting in the office of the Secretary to the State Government on Tuesday, June 27, 2023. “Besides the cruise boat operations, the State Ministry of Transport is to immediately cross check the safety standards and conditions of all boats operating in Calabar waterways,” he said. The governor also appealed to the police to speed up their investigations of the fatal boat accident and prosecute those culpable. In an interview with newsmen, Ejim Egba, National President of the Nigeria Medical Students Association, (NiMSA) accused the management of the resort of negligence, incompetence and lackadaisical attitude. He said that the engine of the boat had gone off in the middle of the river and water started entering the boat which caused it to start sinking and finally capsized. “Factors that contributed to the mishap included a leaky boat, poor condition and integrity of the vests, poorly maintained engines resulting in the engine going off during the trip. ”Also, their was little or no supervision by Marina Resort management as well as poor regulation and monitoring”, Egba said. Some medical students had converged in Calabar, for the annual NIMSA Health Week and, as part of the activities, decided to visit the resort, where some embarked on a boat cruise. The Cross River State Government had said earlier that it would sanction officials of the Marina Resort found culpable of having compromised on safety standards over the cruise boat mishap.