African Leaders Urged to Defend Dangote Refinery Amidst Imperialist Threats

His Imperial Highness Prince Estifanos Matewos, President of the United Africa Royal Assembly (UARA), has called on African leaders to rally in support of Mr. Aliko Dangote, the Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger (GCON) and owner of the Dangote Refinery, who he claims is currently under attack from forces of imperialism and neo-colonialism. According to Prince Matewos, these attacks are not just against an individual but also against the Pan-African vision and the future of the continent. The statement, signed by Prince Matewos, emphasizes the Dangote Refinery’s importance as a revolutionary step towards self-sufficiency and economic empowerment for Africa. The refinery represents a shift away from the historical exploitation of African resources by external powers, which has left the continent impoverished and dependent. The refinery offers a pathway to retaining Africa’s wealth within the continent, creating jobs, and fostering economic opportunities for its people. However, external forces, backed by major foreign companies, reportedly aim to dismantle this symbol of hope within the next five years. These forces, according to Prince Matewos, are funding efforts to ensure the refinery’s destruction to maintain their control over Africa’s resources and keep its people in perpetual poverty. “The attacks on the Dangote Refinery and the Dangote Group are clandestinely funded by powerful interests seeking to destabilize progress in Nigeria,” Prince Matewos stated. “These shadowy forces must be exposed and resisted. It is imperative that Africans unite in defense of the refinery, which symbolizes collective aspirations for economic freedom and self-reliance. An attack on Dangote is an attack on all Africans, and solidarity is crucial.” UARA is calling on all African heads of state, ministers, and leaders of crude oil-producing countries to protect the Dangote Refinery. Traditional and spiritual leaders are also urged to join this fight as custodians of African heritage and champions of the future. Prince Matewos also highlighted Aliko Dangote’s contributions during crises, such as the Ebola outbreak, where his swift actions and resources saved countless lives. “In unity, there is strength. Africans are encouraged to redirect their supply chains to support the Dangote Refinery, ensuring it thrives and fulfills its promise to the continent. By doing so, Africa will keep its wealth within the continent, create jobs, and secure a prosperous future for generations to come.” “Stand with Aliko Dangote. Stand with the Dangote Refinery. Stand for Africa’s sovereignty and economic liberation. Together, we shall overcome,” he added.

Dangote Refinery approaches two African countries for Crude oil import

Dangote Refinery debunks recruitment of 11,000 skilled Indians report

By Doris Isreal Ijeoma The Dangote Refinery said it is seeking crude oil import from Libya and Angola amid a supply challenge in Nigeria. The Vice President of Dangote Industry Limited (DIL), Devakumar Edwin disclosed this in an interview with Reuters on Sunday. Edwin said outside Libya and Angola, the 650,000 barrels per day refinery would also look to other African countries for crude to increase production in its facility. “We are talking to Libya about importing crude. “We will talk to Angola, as well and some other countries in Africa,” Edwin told Reuters. The development comes after the firm had sought crude oil from the United States and Brazil. Recall that in the past days, the Dangote refinery had been at the center of discussion in Nigeria’s media discourse following a statement by the Chief Executive Officer of Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority, Farouk Ahmed that its products are inferior. Ahmed’s has received a wide range of reactions from the public. Meanwhile, Aliko Dangote, the Chairman of Dangote Group has dismissed Ahmed’s statement, calling for an independent test.

House of Reps leadership visits Dangote refinery

By Doris Isreal Ijeoma The leadership of the House of Representatives, led by the Speaker, Tajudeen Abbas, has visited the $ 20 billion Dangote Petroleum refinery in Lagos State. The lawmakers arrived at the refinery located in the Lekki Free Trade Zone in Lagos around 11 am on Saturday and were received by the President of the Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, and top executives of the company. The lawmakers are expected to take a tour of the 650,000 barrels per day refinery during the visit and have a conversation about the plan to start the supply of petrol next month. The visit marks the second time federal lawmakers will visit the refinery this year following the visit of the Senate leadership, led by Senate President Godswill Akpaio, to the facility in June. The lawmaker’s visit comes days after the Chief Executive of the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Authority, Farouk Ahmed, claimed that the diesel produced by Dangote refinery contains a high sulphur content of about 1,000 parts per million. Ahmed also stated that the Federal Government would not stop the importation of petroleum products, saying Nigeria cannot depend on one refinery to feed the nation. He revealed that the refinery, which has been selling diesel and aviation fuel in Nigeria for months, has not been licensed, stating that it is still at the pre-commissioning stage. “The claim by some media houses that there were steps to scuttle the Dangote refinery is not so. The Dangote refinery is still in the pre-commissioning stage. It has not been licensed yet; we haven’t licensed them yet. They are still in the pre-commissioning. I think they have about 45 per cent completion,” he declared.

Dangote Refinery’s petroleum products are inferior – NMDPRA

By Doris Isreal Ijeoma In a move, most capable of demarketing its products, the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority, NMDPRA, has said that the quality of petroleum products from the Dangote refinery, as well as those from Watersmith, Aradel, and other modular refineries, is inferior compared to imported ones. Chief Executive Officer of NMDPRA Farouk Ahmed disclosed this in a recent interview with journalists, a video of which was published by TVC. The regulator boss discarded reports that some elements within the oil and gas sector were trying to scuttle the Dangote Refinery. According to him, the 650,000 barrel-per-day refinery has not been issued an operational licence by NMDPRA. He noted that the Lagos-based Dangote Refinery is still in the pre-commissioning stage and about 45 per cent completed. Ahmed added that the country can not risk dependence on Dangote Refinery by suspending petroleum products, especially Automotive Gas Oil and Dual Purpose Kerosene, DPK. He said: “That is not so. Dangote Refinery is still in the pre-commissioning stage. It has not been licenced yet. We haven’t licenced them yet. I think they are about 45 per cent to completion. “We cannot rely on one refinery to feed the nation because Dangote is requesting that we suspend or stop imports, especially of AGO and DPK, and direct all marketers to his refinery That is not good for the nation in terms of energy security, and it is not good for the market because of the monopoly.” Ahmed said that in terms of quality, Dangote’s current AGO (diesel) suffers from the lowest quality in terms of sulphur content, falling short of West Africa’s requirement of 50 parts per million (PPM). “Dangote Refinery, as well as some modular refineries like Watersmith Refinery and Aradel Refinery, are producing between 650 and 1,200 PPM. Therefore, in terms of quality, their products are inferior to imported ones,” he stated. This development comes days after the Chairman of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, said Dangote Refinery is set to commence fuel supply in August 2024. Earlier, Devakumar Edwin, the Vice President of Dangote Industries Limited, had alleged that most fuel products imported into Nigeria are substandard. He also accused international oil companies of frustrating the kickoff of the Dangote Refinery by selling oil crude at a higher price in Nigeria. However, the Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission dismissed Edwin’s claim of substandard petroleum products in Nigeria. It would be recalled that Alhaji Aliko Dangote recently told a bewildered nation grappling with needless petrol scarcity that some vested interests in the oil industry were sabotaging his effort to satisfy Nigeria’s petrol demand.

Breaking: NUPENG, PENGASSAN write Tinubu, seek probe of alleged IOCs against Dangote Refinery

The Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers, NUPENG and its Petroleum and Natural and Senior Staff Association, PENGASSAN, have written to President Bola Tinubu, demanding a high powered investigation into the allegation that the International Oil Companies, IOCs, are plotting to undermine and destabilize the Dangote Refinery and Petrochemicals. In a written through the Chief of Staff to the President, Mr Femi Gbajabiamila, dated July 1, 2024, the oil workers demanded among others, that the findings of such investigation must be made public to ensure transparency and maintain public trust. The letter signed by the NUPENG’s General Secretary, Afolabi Olawale and his PENGASSAN’s counterpart, Lumumba Okugbawa, read “The leadership and members of our great Union and Association profoundly appreciate your commitment and dedication to restoring the economic growth and prosperity of our dear Nation and we are also fuly mobilized and committed to supporting al your laudable thoughts and hard decisions towards these lofty goals. “Unfortunately, we are deeply concerned and shocked by the recent unusual allegations by the Dangote Refinery and Petrochemicals Company of a deliberate plot by some International Oil Companies (IOCs) to frustrate their business efforts and continued existence. “These sabotaging actions reportedly include denying the Refinery crude oil supply and artificially inflating market prices of the crude oil to the Company, thereby forcing Dangote Refinery and Petrochemicals Company to source crude oil from other countries, even as far as the United States of America with attendant high operating costs and logistics. “The Dangote Refinery is not only a critical National asset but also a beacon of hope for our energy security, economic growth, and employment opportunities. The economic benefits of a Local Refinery with such capacity as the Dangote’s to Nigeria, can never be overstated. “This is why for several decades now, NUPENG and PENGASSAN have campaigned vigorously that Nigeria should make ti a pre-requisite condition that Companies that want to benefit from JVC arrangements with Nigeria, to set up a Refinery/Petrochemical Company ni Nigeria. “Unfortunately, no sucessive Governments summoned enough political and patriotic courage to take that logical and pragmatic policy direction. The survival of companies that have braved ti up and invested hugely ni refining crude ni Nigeria thus saving our Nation from wasteful product importations that profit other countries and cost us forex, should be of great interest to us as a Nation because of the enormous economic benefits involved. “Our demands are as follows: Immediate Investigation: The Federal Government should set up an independent panel ot investigate the claims of sabotage by some International Oli Companies. This investigation should be compreensive and transparent, ensuring that al parties involved are held accountable. “Public Disclosure: The findings of this investigation must be made public ot ensure transparency and maintain public trust. Nigerians deserve to know the truth about the actions of these International Oil Companies and the impact on our National interests. “Legal Action: Should the allegations be substantiated, we expect the Government to take decisive legal action against the entities involved. This must include sanctions, penalties, and any other measures necessary to deter future acts of economic sabotage. “Support for Dangote Refinery: The Government should provide al necessary support to ensure the uninterrupted commencement and operation of the Dangote Refinery. This includes ensuring security and stability around the Refinery’s operations. “Your Excellency Sir, we trust your courage and unwavering commitment to the Nigerian project and we believe that the Presidency wil take decisive action to safeguard the Dangote Refinery and ensure its successful operation for the benefit of our Nation.

JUST IN: Dangote Refinery contains minor fire at its effluent treatment plant

The management of Dangote Refinery has reacted to reports of a fire incident at its refinery on Wednesday, saying the ‘minor fire’ occurred at its Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP) and has been swiftly contained. Anthony Chiejina, the Chief Corporate Communications Officer for Dangote Group, confirmed the development in a statement made available to Tribune Online. He assured the public that there was no cause for alarm as the refinery continued to operate normally and no injuries or harm was reported among the staff on duty.   “We have swiftly contained a minor fire incident at our effluent treatment plant (ETP) today, Wednesday, 26th of June. There is no cause for alarm as the refinery is operating, and there is no recorded injury or body harm to all our staff on duty,” Chiejina stated

Dangote Refinery postpones supply of petrol to July

Dangote Refinery debunks recruitment of 11,000 skilled Indians report

The Dangote refinery has said its plan to release premium motor spirit into the market this month will no longer be possible. The President of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, told newsmen on Monday that the petrol from the 650,000 barrels per day capacity refinery will be out in July. Dangote said this was due to some minor challenges, stating that the product would be out by July 10 to 15. “We had a bit of delay, but PMS will start coming out by 10 to 15 of July. But then we want to keep it in the tank to make sure that it settles. So by the third week of July, we’ll be able to come out to take it into the market,” Dangote had said. Speaking at the recent Africa CEO Forum Annual Summit in Kigali, Rwanda, Dangote expressed optimism about transforming Africa’s energy landscape. “Right now, Nigeria has no cause to import anything apart from gasoline and by sometime in June, within the next four or five weeks, Nigeria shouldn’t import anything like gasoline; not one drop of a litre,” he declared. “We have enough gasoline to give to at least the entire West Africa, diesel to give to West Africa and Central Africa. We have enough aviation fuel to give to the entire continent and also export some to Brazil and Mexico. “We have started producing jet fuel, we are producing diesel, and by next month, we’ll be producing gasoline. What that will do, it will be able to take most African crude,” Dangote told the panel. The words of Dangote appeared to have come as a soothing balm to marketers and Nigerians who are hopeful that the Dangote would crash the price of petrol from around N700 to N500 or below.