There May Be Third World War If I Don’t Win – Trump

By Doris Isreal Ijeoma Former President, Donald Trump has issued a stark warning of a potential major war in the Middle East and a possible “third world war” if he does not win the upcoming November election. This assertion was made during a meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida. “If we win, it’ll be very simple. It’s all going to work out and very quickly,” Trump stated. “If we don’t, you’re going to end up with major wars in the Middle East and maybe a third world war. You are closer to a third world war right now than at any time since the Second World War.” Trump’s remarks come amid heightened tensions in the Middle East, particularly the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas, and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. He has frequently suggested that the current administration’s handling of international affairs is pushing the world closer to a global conflict.
Why I Withdrew From Presidential Race – Biden

President Joe Biden of the United States (US) has explained why he withdrew from the November 5 election. Biden, 81, served as deputy of Barack Obama, during his two terms as America’s number one citizen. Like Obama and other Democrats, Biden lined up behind Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Presidential election won by President Donald Trump. Four years later, Biden defeated Trump who was seeking reelection. Then 77, he had made history as the oldest person to be elected into the Oval Office. However, his presidency has been marred with controversies, especially on account of ill-health and fitness. The issue reached its height after Trump defeated him by a wide margin in a presidential debate some weeks ago. Biden had consistently resisted pressure to quit until he announced it in a post on his X handle, on Sunday. While announcing his decision to step down, Biden said he would remain as President and Commander-in-Chief until his term ends in January 2025. Speaking in a televised address on Wednesday night, Biden said he ended his re-election campaign in a bid to save US democracy. According to him, he endorsed his deputy, Kamala Harris, to unite their fellow Democrats and the country. He said: “I revere this office. But I love my country more. I have decided the best way forward is to pass the torch to a new generation. “That is the best way to unite our nation.” The US president said he believed his record warranted a second term, but “nothing can come in the way of saving our democracy. That includes personal ambition”. He added: “The great thing about America is here, kings and dictators do not rule. The people do. History is in your hands. The power is in your hands. The idea of America lies in your hands.” Biden is the first sitting president not to seek re-election since 1968 when Lyndon Johnson halted his campaign as his popularity sank during the Vietnam War. Meanwhile, US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump launched a volley of attacks against Harris on Wednesday. In his first rally since Harris became the de facto Democratic Party nominee, Trump described her as a “radical left lunatic”. He also claimed that the US vice president was in favor of the “execution” of babies due to her position on abortions. “She is a radical left lunatic who will destroy our country,” the former president and Republican nominee said. So far, opinion polls indicate a tight race between the former president and Harris in a hypothetical match-up.
World leaders react to Biden’s withdrawal from U.S. presidential race

By Doris Isreal Ijeoma President Joe Biden’s decision on Sunday to end his campaign to seek reelection in November is generating reactions from foreign leaders. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he had known Mr Biden for years and that “he’s a great man.” Mr Trudeau added, “Everything he does is guided by his love for his country. As president, he is a partner to Canadians — and a true friend. To President Biden and the First Lady: thank you.” German Chancellor Olaf Scholz in his reaction on X, said, “Joe Biden has achieved a great deal – for his country, for Europe, for the world. Thanks to him, transatlantic cooperation is close, NATO is strong, and the U.S. is a good and reliable partner for us. His decision not to run again deserves recognition.” Reacting in a statement, new British Prime Minister Keir Starmer said, “I respect President Biden’s decision and I look forward to us working together during the remainder of his presidency.” “I know that, as he has done throughout his remarkable career, President Biden will have made his decision based on what he believes is in the best interests of the American people.” Israeli defence minister Yoav Gallant thanked Biden for his unwavering support of Israel over the years. “Your steadfast backing, especially during the war, has been invaluable. We are grateful for your leadership and friendship,” Mr Gallant stated. In his comments on X, Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez said he admired “the brave and dignified decision” of the U.S. president. “Thanks to his determination and leadership. The U.S. overcame the economic crisis after the pandemic and the serious assault on the Capitol and has been exemplary in its support for Ukraine in the face of Putin’s Russian aggression. A great gesture from a great president who has always fought for democracy and freedom,” Mr Sanchez stated. Irish Prime Minister Simon Harris said in a statement, “On behalf of the people and government of Ireland. I … would like to thank you, Mr President, for your global leadership and your friendship as you make your announcement that you will not stand in the 2024 U.S. presidential election. “Joe Biden, in all the offices he has held, has always been an unwavering voice and passionate worker for peace on the island of Ireland, and our country owes him a great debt for this.” Kremlin spokesperson Dmitri Peskov said, “The elections are still four months away. And that is a long period of time in which a lot can change. We need to be patient and carefully monitor what happens. The priority for us is the special military operation (the war in Ukraine). Norwegian Prime Minister Jonas Stoere and his Polish and Czech counterparts Donald Tusk and Petr Fiala, respectively, reacted to Mr Biden’s withdrawal from the U.S. presidential race.
Biden’s Michigan Visit Sparks Criticism from Arab American Community Over Israel Support

President Joe Biden’s recent trip to Michigan has laid bare a widening gap between him and the sizable Arab-American community in the state, casting doubt on his chances for re-election in the upcoming November general election. While meeting with members of the United Auto Workers union, who had endorsed his re-election bid, Biden’s motorcade was rerouted through side streets in Warren to avoid approximately two hundred protesters expressing their dissatisfaction. The Arab-American community in Michigan, a key electoral group, voiced their disapproval of Biden’s steadfast support for Israel, particularly during the Gaza conflict that resulted in the deaths of over 27,000 people, primarily women and children. Chants of “Genocide Joe has got to go” resonated among the protesters, who also displayed Palestinian flags. According to analysis, “If Biden loses even half of their vote, it’s unlikely he can win Michigan – and without Michigan, he has a very narrow path to winning a second term.” Protesters on the ground expressed frustration and disappointment, with one demonstrator, Hawraa, emphatically stating, “There is nothing that will ever make me vote for a genocidal president, ever.” The sentiment was echoed by others, highlighting a sense of betrayal within the Arab American community. Salma Hamamy, an activist with Students for Justice in Palestine, accused Biden of “entirely abandoning” the Palestinian and Arab communities, as well as “the concept of humanity.” Protesters vowed not to support Biden on election day, citing his continued backing of Israel. This protest signifies a shift in the voting approach of the Arab American community. As Salma Hamamy declared, “Arab Americans will no longer choose between the ‘lesser of two evils.’ We will be voting for people who are deserving of our vote.” This shift could have substantial implications for Biden’s electoral standing in this critical state.